• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

check ur receipts b4 leaving the chk out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check ur receipts b4 leaving the chk out

I was sent this by a trusted source so I have no need to doubt that it may not be true.

>
    > I bought a bunch of stuff, over £150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of £40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the £40 because she couldn't delete it. I told Her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it.. I said NO! Taking the £40 would be a cash advance against my Credit card & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of £20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the Electronic Pad must be defective.
    >
    > Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the £40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?
    >
    > Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford , Sainsburys last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for £20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!
    >
    > My co-worker called Sainsburys who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this. This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in the queue.
    >
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)
    Tags: None

Re: check ur receipts b4 leaving the chk out

Bit of an old bogus email according to Snopes...

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/atm/cashback.asp

Comment

Originally posted by middenmess View Post
      Bit of an old bogus email according to Snopes...

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/atm/cashback.asp
      OK still sounded reasonable tho:santa_smiley:
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Not sure about your item Frisp, what I do know there are a lot of pricing mistakes made and it was on the news this morning.
        Many of the bargains and cuts they advertise are not being put into their systems as it is done centrally and therefore some supermarkets are making mistakes.
        They I believe do have to stand by what they are advertising so beware and stick to your righs if it happens to you.
        Enaid x

Comment

even if the above is not correct i believe it is still a good warning to us all to be on our gaurd at this festive period whether that be at an atm or instore
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X