• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB - TLT Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB - TLT Solicitors

Can anyone give me advice on the following:
    I had a business that was a partnership. I left in Sept 09 for financial reasons. Business partner ran until it sank in January 2010. He went bankrupt, I was advised to go into a DMP. Have quite a lot of debt from the business and no funds left. I am employed but at a lower level financially. I was paying Lloyds via my DMP however they decided to go legal via TLT solicitors. DMP, advised us to negotiate directly with TLT and removed them from the DMP. We were negotiating with them, supplyed them with an I & E form and the person dealing with it seemd to agree what was a reasonable figure for the first 12 months and then on going increase over the next 4 years. Then we heard nothing back from them, when we contacted them to see what was happening. The person that was dealing with our case had moved on and no record of what was offered was available so they continued to go through the court processs. I am now waiting for the court date to pop through the letter box. Just as a point of note we had actual had 3 extentions on the court date whilst we were negotiating with TLT. I have moved the court to my local one as I can't afford to take a/ time off work or b/ cost of travel to get to Bristol.
    Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop this process or how I might defend it. I am not denying liability I just need time to get back on my feet! Unfortunetley we can't all be like the banks and get huge loans to support our mistakes! I've made mistakes and I am not running away from them but just would like the break to sort this stuff out.
    Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB - TLT Solicitors

I can't give you advice on your specific issue. However I used TLT solicitors when selling my house and they were at that time terrible. They are a huge firm based in the centre of Bristol. I ended up collecting from Estate Agent, taking it to Bristol, back to Estate Agent etc.... They just did not act with any sense of urgency.

IF my experience of them is typical, then time at least is on your side. It was however 6 years ago!

Comment

Ahhh this is the other one... will move this too.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Who was / is your DMP with ?

As with Restons, if you do an admission and offer to pay you should get an installment order at the rate you are paying (are you still paying this one even if not under the DMP) and once you are back on your feet you should be able to get a full and final settlement sorted and the CCJ marked as satisfied.

You mentioned these debts were from your business, were the cards in the company name, was it a ltd company ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi,

My DMP is with Blu although on their advice payment was stopped and negotitions transfered to TLT solicitors. So no, this one currently isn't being paid. Should I reinstate payment to them?

I have put in my defence that this was being paid but stopped as had to go through their solicitors etc.

Cards were in my personal name.

I am still waitng for a court date as we speak, I received notice last week that the case has been transfered to my local court.

Anything else I can do?

Comment

As on the other one, what defence did you put in ?

Will check out this 'Blu' bunch.
            Debt management solutions from Blu Debt Management Limited

How are you finding them and how much are they costing you ? Have you considered CCCS/Payplan ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Blu Finance Group Ltd is in liquidation as of June 2010.

Blu Debt Management Ltd is okay, active.

Blu Financial Services Ltd in June 2010 had
              COMPULSORY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED (DISS16(SOAS))

(all same address - the finance and financial services ones have same directors, Debt Managment has a different director now, but had the same ones up to July. Their Credit licence is in the original directors names and was only applied for in august 2009)

I'd be thinking of switching to a more stable company or a free one like CCCS for your DMP.

But sort these claims against you out first (sorry sidetracked I'm not keen on fee charging debt management companies)
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Again,

Yes I find them OK they do what they say, on time. I know I am paying a fee but they were recommended by a liquidator to me. He advised me I didn't need to go bankrupt, although he said he'd take my money if I wanted him too!

Defence I put in was same as the other one. Financial problems, been paying them until went to solicitors stage then told to negotiate via TLT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X