• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

We're 18 Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're 18 Today

If you look at the user number of the latest registered user it will be a higher number than the total number of registered users.

(ie latest user is 13459 and we only have 13397 registered users)

(cag latest user 313172 and only 272009 registered users)
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd November 2010, 19:18:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      If you look at the user number of the latest registered user it will be a higher number than the total number of registered users.

(ie latest user is 13459 and we only have 13397 registered users)

(cag latest user 313172 and only 272009 registered users)
      Not sure where the 'latest' registered users figure comes from but I used the 'Members' figure at the bottom of the main page

Threads: 20,652, Posts: 167,824, Members: 13,397

What's the difference?

Comment

Well you are member 332, I'm member 6 and Caspar is member 11600 - thats your forum ID number and is what the database uses to organise posts/pm's/settings etc, the last person to register is gandalf6288 and he is member number 13459.

The number of registered users excludes those who are banned, so only shows a total of 13397 (because it cant allocate a number more than once).

So we have about 62 people(spammers) banned/deleted (not sure which).
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I really do try and explain things too much, scrap that lets go with

18 !!!! WOOHOOO

Sorryyyyy
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

User number?

Where is that on my user profile please?

Comment

Well you are member 332, I'm member 6 and Caspar is member 11600 - thats your forum ID number and is what the database uses to organise posts/pm's/settings etc, the last person to register is gandalf6288 and he is member number 13459.

The number of registered users excludes those who are banned, so only shows a total of 13397 (because it cant allocate a number more than once).

So we have about 62 people(spammers) banned/deleted (not sure which).
              So using that formula CAG have banned 41,136 users.

Comment

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Is your profile, if u look in the browser bar at top of your browser (firefox / IE etc) it shows there member.php?u=622

Not very exciting really unless we're settling arguments about who was here first pmsl.

(I really am very boring you know)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Wow that is a lot :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

I really do try and explain things too much
                    I was most of the way through a similarly lengthy reply, so you're not alone. :o

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      Yip, or deleted (am not sure if it removes banned or just deleted ones - Nibbler will know he's the VB whizz)....lol. go on work the percentages out then.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Is your profile, if u look in the browser bar at top of your browser (firefox / IE etc) it shows there member.php?u=622

Not very exciting really unless we're settling arguments about who was here first pmsl.

(I really am very boring you know)

That is interesting Amethyst, I will take a looksie now, nah that's not boring.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Yeah I am actually the 622nd member then, wow, I am happy about that.....very.
                        Last edited by di30; 3rd November 2010, 19:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yip, or deleted (am not sure if it removes banned or just deleted ones - Nibbler will know he's the VB whizz)....lol. go on work the percentages out then.
                          Okey doke.

Consider this:

Beagles' have banned 0.5% (that's half a percent) of it's users.

Then consider this:

CAG have banned 15% (that's fifteen percent) of it's users.

Now, using your skill and judgment, which site is the most tolerant?

Comment

Possibly not a fair comparison. Depends on how popular a board is with spammers, if they make up a sizeable proportion of the banned/deleted users.

Comment

Blimey ! I know CAG do now and then remove users who registered but didnt confirm by clicking the link in an email confirmation, so that probably accounts for a big whack of those. We dont have email confirmation so have no need to do that. It would be interesting see compare % of users who have/havent posted since registering, but thats an admin panel thing.

Anyway I'm pleased with how things are working on here regardless of what CAG are up to. If we ever end up that big people will probably defect to smaller sites, its just how things go with big forums. (and I sincerely hope we don;t end up that big, LB is good cause its small)

Anyway just for interest heres where we started....

First 20 users

Ashley
                              Celestine
                              Karnevil
                              Cetelco
                              Amethyst
                              Glenn UK
                              Tools
                              Mad Hatter
                              surfboy
                              ivis
                              Deller
                              Simian
                              lioness
                              iancognito
                              Koenigsegg
                              willowb
                              Paradox
                              Admin
                              Amy

(Amy is actually user 21 cause user 20 was deleted no idea who or why now tho)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hmmm...........

MSE: Latest user ID = 1,276,732; Members = 764,836

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X