• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors Letter Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solicitors Letter Help!

Hiya You!

I'm back again!

You need to get the letter from last week sent off. Emphasise you are disputing the account and that therefore the account is now officially in dispute. The rest of the letter can I think stay as it is except that you could, just re-reading your thread add a final paragraph stating along the lines of:

Finally please may I officially inform you that I suffer from a serious mental health condition and would thus request that you pay particular attention to the MALG guidelines for dealing with vulnerable people like myself.

Given that the letter gives them 7 days to respond, you cannot really send today's letter as it is assuming they've already had the previous one for a while.

Does that make sense?

So send the one from last week with added bits, give them seven days, then carry out your threats.

We are slightly backfooted by their correspondence in between times, but they don't usually (obviously cannot guarantee) go straight to court. They usually make lots of threats and huff and puff first, so hopefully time is still on our side.

Try to get the letter off tomorrow and we'll respond as things occur. Remember there's no point in worrying about things over which you have no control. The very worst case scenario in all of this, and it's worth pointing out, is that they win a court case and get a CCJ against you. The judge would then look at your Income / Expenditure sheet (have you done one yet?) and decide on an affordable repayment plan. Note the word AFFORDABLE. That is the absolute worst case scenario, and in my opinion we're miles from that at the moment, so don't worry, even the worst case scenario is not something you should be worried about as the judges will be sympathetic as long as you can prove you have tried your best to resolve the situation.

Hope this helps,

Take care,

As always remember you can phone if you want any time. I'll ring you straight back!

David
    xx
    Last edited by Caspar; 15th November 2010, 22:49:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X