• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

0845 2639001 annoyance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0845 2639001 annoyance.

I'm TPS registated and yet night after night I get silent calls from this number. Have looked it up on who calls you and it seems to be a company connected to weatherseal.

How do I get them to stop? Obviously they are totally ignoring TPS.

This is really starting to annoy me.
    Tags: None

Re: 0845 2639001 annoyance.

I guess you need to complain to TPS.

Comment

Here you go, especially No6!

5. Recently I have been receiving silent calls on my telephone. Will registering with TPS reduce these?
      Not necessarily. Silent calls are generated from the use of 'automated diallers'. When these are incorrectly set, more numbers are dialled than there are operators available to take the calls. If the purpose of the call was to sell you a product or service, then registering on TPS will reduce these. However companies use automated diallers for things such as debt collection, market research etc. and TPS will not reduce these. Please see the Guidance Notes which the Information Commissioner's Office have produced - Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the Ofcom website <A href="http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/features/slentcall" target=_blank>http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/features/slentcall
      6. How can I reduce the receipt of silent calls?
      There is a separate service called Silent CallGard. You can register with them by calling 0844 3722325.

Comment

My annoyance is Kitchens Direct, who call on my mobile phone but I do not answer their call(s)

Kitchens Direct, must have purchased my number as I have never had any dealings with them.

Sooooo annoying!!!

Comment

I think with mobiles you can bar certain numbers. Does anyone know (I haven't even tried finding out yet) if there is a TPS equivalent for mobiles?

Comment

Tell me about it with constant market calls, however after a few months of these, I finally received a letter from BT with an apology and they confirmed TPS had been in touch with them and we will no longer receive further calls from them.
            Well so far so good, its been about 3 weeks now, apart from this upheld number which I am unable to check.

I believe you can also register your mobile as well and it takes about 28 days.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Tell me about it with constant market calls, however after a few months of these, I finally received a letter from BT with an apology and they confirmed TPS had been in touch with them and we will no longer receive further calls from them.
              Well so far so good, its been about 3 weeks now, apart from this upheld number which I am unable to check.

I believe you can also register your mobile as well and it takes about 28 days.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
              Thannks Di,
              Just registered 3 family mobiles with TPS - stops calls in 28 days, but not texts! Better than nothing!.

Thanks,
              David
              xxx

Comment

There are some good apps on both iphone and androids to block numbers from calling and texting.

My latest nuisance is claims advisory group, its a manchester number but an indian call centre.

Comment

Anything that comes up as International is much harder to stop!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X