• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will this stand up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this stand up?

Hi All,

Firstly I'm back from holiday early due to appalling weather so am active here again!

Secondly on my return I received a response from the council re my SAR - they wanted proof of ID. I've now taken in my driver's license which they've copied and signed to say that they will inform the nasty bailiffs they set on us three years ago. As they've signed to say this do I need to do anything further regarding the bailiff company and my ID? Also, now they've got my ID does the 40 day response time start from today or does it still count from when the SAR was originally sent?

Any help as always gratefully received.

David
    Tags: None

Re: Will this stand up?

Sorry Casper I have no idea on that, but am very interested to know the answer, hopefully someone more 'learned' will pop along and put us straight hun.

Sorry you had bad weather, but at least your home now, warm and dry ((((Hugs)))).

Comment

Thanks Sapphire - I've discovered the answer hunting around the internet. Unfortunately the 40 days starts again once the council have satisfied themselves as to my identity.

Still need an answer on the other bit though!

David (nice and warm xxx)

Comment

I've heard it all now.

Where do they send your council tax bills? Where did they send any letters relating to the outstanding debt? What address have the bailiffs got in contact with you at and where did they get this information from?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
          I've heard it all now.

Where do they send your council tax bills? Where did they send any letters relating to the outstanding debt? What address have the bailiffs got in contact with you at and where did they get this information from?
          I believe it's calling stalling for time or hoping I'll go away. The debt was 3 years ago, but I'm rather looking forward to fighting back - especially as it doesn't really matter what the outcome is as the issue is settled financially (or so they think!)

Comment

well if it's settled what are you arguing about? Or about to argue about:tinysmile_grin_t:
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
              well if it's settled what are you arguing about? Or about to argue about:tinysmile_grin_t:
              The thing is we didn't know anything about bailiffs etc... back then and ended up paying the hard way. In the end we even sold our house to get them off our backs. Now I've SAR'd the council and bailiffs and want a full breakdown of everything as we ended up paying from memory well over £3000 for a £600ish bill. Not once did the bailiffs visit us or do anything than put the fear of God in us via letters and phone calls making threats.

I call it settled as if I did nothing it would be over and done with, but I suspect they acted unlawfully along the way and so I should be able to reclaim excess charges etc.... If I can somehow prove that it was them who forced me to sell my house (doubtful!!!) then could have a field day.

I just feel as though I've been conned out of a lot of money by the council and the bailiffs. I want to try and get it back.

Hence it being "settled," it's possibly about to become "unsettled" again, but the ball would be in my court this time. I believe it's called consumer rights!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X