• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chalkitup v Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalkitup v Lloyds TSB

Hello,

I would like a little advice regarding one of my accounts please.
    It is a Lloyds TSB credit card ...... and quick history is:-

Ran into financial trouble in 2006 ....... I was paying 12 creditors in a CCCS debt management plan until earlier this year when CCCS halted the DMP as my earnings are now zero and I am on benefits that leave nothing over each month to pay creditors. I rent the property I live in.
    Allied International Credit were given the account to collect approx five months ago and I immediately sent CCA request to them ........... in Allied's last letter to me in August they wrote "Lloyds have advised they have received and are dealing with your CCA request which was submitted to them on 00/00/10 (a date in June 2010) and they are attempting to obtain a copy of the requested documents".

Now I have received a letter direct from Lloyds which states:-
    "It is important to let you know that our agents have been in touch with us and they say they have been unable to agree a repayment programme and suggest we take legal action against you". You can prevent legal action by paying off the full amount (£13,000+ !!!) within ten days. If unable to pay the full amount then complete and return the attached questionnaire so we can assess your financial situation".

I do feel I am banging my head against the wall with my creditors as Lloyds were fully advised of my financial situation by CCCS when they halted my DMP plus what has happened to my CCA request which seems to have been totally ignored. I have already sent Allied an In Dispute letter as no response to CCA.

Advice on next move please?

Thank you,
    Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup
    Tags: None

Re: Chalkitup v Lloyds TSB

Fill in the IE and send it to them Chalkster. You know by now that these muppets are departmentalised computer-led knob-jockeys who can't cope with anything that requires any individualised response. The spotty jobsworth that opens your IE will deal only with that issue and there will be no communication between the left side and the right side of his brain.

Yes we are banging our heads against the wall 95% of the time. I have learned to deal with the OCs and DCAs as if they are young children and who are also completely unaware of any earlier letters and correspondence. Thats the ebst advice I can give you mate.

Comment

Chalk, how is this progressing? any update?

Comment

Hello DS,

No news at all ....... to be honest I have not replied to their letter yet ....... the reason being that I have been sorting out my benefits this last week with constant trips to the Council offices which has ended in me being given full Housing / Council Tax Benefit for another year. At least the Council listen and can see the predicament I am in!!

After four years of fighting these banks and DCA's I am thinking of taking another route ......... I have told them over and over that I am on benefits and have no spare cash ........ and as you know the charity CCCS stopped my DMP for exactly that reason ..... not enough cash to pay them monthly!!!!!

So ......... if they take me to court what can the Judge order me to pay each month?????????????
        Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Bankruptcy may be the right solution in some instances, yes. Just needs to be thoroughly understood and researched first I think. Not an option for me but very persuasive to have all debts written off after (I think?) 12 months in many circumstances nowadays.

Anyway, maybe there'll just be a few CCJs instead with no attempt to bankrupt you, why would they bother? CCJs I believe drop off the report after 6 years?

You've had fun fighting them though Chalk. But, whatever you decide to do, please stick around these forums and help others with your advice and experience.

Onwards and upwards!!

DS
          Last edited by The Debt Star; 9th November 2010, 16:49:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X