• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Train4trade skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Train4trade skills

I'm trying to work out how to send u copies of the letters Ame. I have scanned to my pc but not sure how to send them to you

Comment

We have some problems with our attachments at the moment (and I can't fix them and its driving me bonkers!) so can you email them to me amethyst1664@hotmail.co.uk and I can put them up x
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have a copy of T4TS terms and application agreement someone has kindly given to me.

DO you have a copy of the finance agreement ?

Clause 6 and the following text is the concerning part and which needs looking at but we need to check the finance agreement first.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Or you can put them onto an image hosting site (photobucket for instance) and post the link in img tags.

Quoting the 1st letter will be pointless because they will pretend they haven't received it. That's pointless now. Also, the 1st letter was sent 7 days after signing so even if it were sent recorded delivery, they wouldn't have received it until the 8th day at minimum which is too late.

Sorry about my previous post, all the previous replies didn't come up so I could only see the 1st.

A user on the Consumer Action Group has/is taking them to a small claims court. Iv just fired off a message to him, finding out if it was last week or this week. We can then see where others stand in terms of legal action.

Jozzer, you need to wait to see what crap T4TS send back. Although you sent it normal delivery, do you have proof of postage or a receipt from the post office for your 1st letter? If you do end up taking them to court then it won't hurt to have that although It might not help either.

Also, here's both the T4TS contract and the finance agreement (with my private details edited out):

T4TS:
          Contract
          Terms

CDF:
          Pre-contract agreement
          Contract agreement
          Contract agreement terms
          Last edited by random.internet.user; 24th October 2010, 16:29:PM.

Comment

At the bottom of the application / agreement there is quite a lengthy bit on how you have looked at the course materials and have had them explained to you properly by the salerep and that you have read and understood clause 6 (the part about not being able to cancel at all if on finance agreement).

Okay, so you cancelled within 7 days (letter of 16th August) which is right under law. I don't think Clause 6, and the text following it, can stand up in court, as it overules your statutory rights which are basically 7 days to cancel the finance agreement (which you also did in writing on 16th August)

Finance Transactions
            When you sign a finance agreement in your home, the Consumer Credit
            Act 1974 gives you a 'cooling off' period during which you can withdraw
            from the agreement without incurring any financial penalty.
            What Agreements are cancellable?
            An agreement that includes 'face to face' negotiations with the trader.
            (Discussions about the prospective agreement must take place in the
            presence of the customer)
            and
            the finance element is arranged by the provider of the goods, as an
            agent of the finance company (e.g. the double glazing company obtain
            finance for you with a finance company)
            and
            the agreement is signed away from 'trade premises'. (These tend to be
            agreements that you have signed in your own home).

(edit: just to add your email has come through with the attachments thanks will read through now)
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by random.internet.user View Post

Quoting the 1st letter will be pointless because they will pretend they haven't received it. That's pointless now. Also, the 1st letter was sent 7 days after signing so even if it were sent recorded delivery, they wouldn't have received it until the 8th day at minimum which is too late.

Cancellation notices are deemed served on the day of posting. You do not need to use recorded delivery (whatever their contract states), in contract law, first class post is sufficient.

It is a pity the first letter wasnt referred to in the second though as its his word against theirs but a statement of truth and a copy of the letter should be sufficient.

There is a £45 admin charge for cancelling so would really only be claiming back the £55 though I expect that is arguable but the most important thing isn't return of the deposit, its ensuring the course, and finance, are cancelled, as is his right.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Did you send a letter to BPF on the 16th as well or just when you sent the recorded letters to T4TS and BPF ?

I have since found that the current NVQ qualification is being scrapped and a new Diploma system is being introduced, where I would have to be employed by a qualified plumber or plumbing contractor for up to a period of three years to complete the diploma.

When and how did you find out this information.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Cancellation notices are deemed served on the day of posting. You do not need to use recorded delivery (whatever their contract states), in contract law, first class post is sufficient.
                  Oh right, I assumed it would have been when they receive it.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  There is a £45 admin charge for cancelling so would really only be claiming back the £55 though I expect that is arguable but the most important thing isn't return of the deposit, its ensuring the course, and finance, are cancelled, as is his right.
                  Yes, this is priority. Getting any money back is just a bonus.

Comment

On that 3rd reply they sent you it states you have 21 days to cancel ? contrary to what it says on the forms where it says 7 days (or no days if you have finance)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello do you have an update

Comment

Hi, I would also be interested in any updates or the outcome to this issue as my son is currently in a similar position with t4ts.
                        Regards,
                        Dave.

Comment

Hello, is there any further news with this ?
                          Regards,
                          Dave.

Comment

I am sorry barney often people ask for help and advice and we never hear from them again, it's just one of those things. If you have a problem then by all means start a thread of your own and someone maybe able to help you.
                            Enaid x

Comment

my son is having the same problem he signed up to do the course in January 2010 but decided to stop after a few months, we were told he could not cancel and we ares till paying £135 per month, which we want to stop. Any advice on how to go about this, I sent them a letter on 12 march 2011 which they say never got there so I have e-mailed it to them today and have had a read receipt

Comment

It may be a long shot but I too would be interested if you had any luck with cancelling the course.

I signed up late last year and also got conned into thinking this would lead to better things.

I'm looking to cancel as I just haven't got the time as my wife and I have just had a baby and any spare time is taken in loking after him. I don't expect any money back but just to cancel the course.

I expect all is not easy in cancelling it but any help on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X