• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Change of Direction

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change of Direction

oh rrrrrr..... you did tell me once :rolleyes: someone has to do it :roll::roll:

anywayyyyy, TS just emailed some stuff, looks like jobs are very few and far between.....aaarrrrgggghhhhhh

Received info regarding the Foundation Certificate in Consumer Affairs & Trading Standards as well as further modules to complete.
    This degree could be done with or without an employment contract with TS.

Will need to contact local TS for any vacancies and/or future opportunities available.

Will contact course providers also, as I'm on JSA at the mo, I might just a discount .
    Get as much info as I can and take it from there.

Thats all I seem to be doing, gathering info which tends to lead to nothing...........there always seems to be one too many hurdles and one can only jump so many hurdles before giving up. :shush:

Comment

Council jobs always seem like that! Loads of form filling, ability tests, interviews, etc etc! Just looks like too much work, although once you're in, its a pretty good place to work. So I've been told!

Comment

ooooo I always fancied a job at MFI
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yeah, you'd probably get one!!!

Comment

My mate's OH joined TS, hated every minute and is now a postman. He did tell me that if you leave within a certain period, (can't remember exactly), but something to do with after passing some qualification or other, you had to repay back what it had cost them to train you etc. I think it was about 9k. Anyway, he hated it so much that he handed his notice in before he'd even got another job. He'd previously been quite high up in OFWAT, so thought he knew what he was letting himself in for, but as I said, he's now a postie and loving every minute.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              ooooo I always fancied a job at MFI
              whats that then?? MADE FOR IDIOTS???

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                My mate's OH joined TS, hated every minute and is now a postman. He did tell me that if you leave within a certain period, (can't remember exactly), but something to do with after passing some qualification or other, you had to repay back what it had cost them to train you etc. I think it was about 9k. Anyway, he hated it so much that he handed his notice in before he'd even got another job. He'd previously been quite high up in OFWAT, so thought he knew what he was letting himself in for, but as I said, he's now a postie and loving every minute.
                thats a shame, what didn't he like about working within TS? ..... just out of interest.

Comment

As far as I can remember - Everything.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

msl:msl:

Oh dear...that bad was it :roll:

Still looking around though. I just want my career to have a purpose, to mean something and to help change things for the better.

not too much to ask is it??????? msl: aye......probably :rolleyes:

Comment

God thats so noble of you. I'd like a career like that too, but just had to settle for one that pays the mortgage, and keeps the kids in the style they'd like to become accustomed tomsl: Looks like they'll be waiting a while.....
                      Is no longer here

Comment

just to let you know, CAB rang me yesterday regarding the voluntary work.
                        They have booked me in for an induction on the 5th Dec.

Should be interesting :carrot:

Comment

Good Luck with that Phoe, it may be just a little bit of what does you good, so they say lol
                          Let us know how you get on Enaid x

Comment

Went to CAB today for induction, all paper work signed, DPA, Confidentiality etc.......
                            Going back in next Tuesday morning to observe an interview and get a feel for the place.
                            Training officer already talking about Staff meetings, got one on the 9th Jan.

All good stuff...........

Comment

fantastic news the phoenix

Comment

Brilliant news hun, good luck to you.

sapphire

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X