• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim from CL / Cohens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim from CL / Cohens

Just received a court claim from Cohens (CL Finance/ Debenhams Store card Upgraded to Credit card in 2006).

Claim form sent to previous address (moved three years ago).

POC

The claimants claim is for the sum of £*,*** being monies due for the Defendant to the claimant under aregulated credit agreement made in writing under ref:****************

The defgendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the agreement and a default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974.

The claimant claims the sum of £*,***
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OC has not issued a Default Notice or Termination Notice & the DN refered to in the POC is CL's own.

Can Cohens persue this claim as no 'original creditor' DN issued?

Account already in dispute with OC over charges & PPI.

Re: Court claim from CL / Cohens

Acknowledgement of claim made - Defend in full

CPR 31:14 reply from HC included was :-

Signed 'original store card agreement' - different account number to that stated of claim form.

T&C's relating to a Store Card agreement

Letter claiming CL owns the debt 'Absolutely'

CL own Default Notice

* GE Money/Santander DID NOT/HAVE NOT issued a Default Notice or Termination Notice

Comment

Have a read of Zhanzhibars Debenhams thread which might aid you decide which route to take with this claim against you and whether to defend or sort out repayment plans, if you do not dispute the debt and are looking purely at technicalities, Another court case - hearing on the 24th August..HELP! - Page 6 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Ahh you have already seen - this your Cag thread? GE Money/Debenhams to CL bit more detail on there so will have a read through if so.
      Last edited by Amethyst; 14th October 2010, 10:52:AM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Have a read of Zhanzhibars Debenhams thread which might aid you decide which route to take with this claim against you and whether to defend or sort out repayment plans, if you do not dispute the debt and are looking purely at technicalities, Another court case - hearing on the 24th August..HELP! - Page 6 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Ahh you have already seen - this your Cag thread? GE Money/Debenhams to CL bit more detail on there so will have a read through if so.

Thanks Amethyst,

Did join LB but lost my log in details & changed email address so had to 'rejoin'

Arguement with the claim is that its in dispute with Santander over charges & mis sold ppi (claim is for £4,000 ish but reclaim of ppi & charges amount to just under £7,000, FOS isnt interested & the FSA have told us that our only course of redress is through the courts.

The other matter is that GE/Santander didnt serve a DN or TN so we feel Santander should not have sold the account to CL.

Comment

how much is the PPI element and what are the reasons you believe it was missold ? Have you complained via the FOS and they turned your case down ?

Yes indeed defend that element in this claim, the charges as well. I think that is more likely to aheive the outcome you want than the dn argument - although the dn argument will back the others up as an added bonus.

(and if you want your original ID back pm me and I can reset your password)
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            how much is the PPI element and what are the reasons you believe it was missold ? Have you complained via the FOS and they turned your case down ?

Yes indeed defend that element in this claim, the charges as well. I think that is more likely to aheive the outcome you want than the dn argument - although the dn argument will back the others up as an added bonus.

(and if you want your original ID back pm me and I can reset your password)

Thanks Amethyst,

PPI was part of the application, it was added automatically. Nothing was mentioned by the shop assistant.

The FOS wont touch it because the agreement was made 1989 way before GE were regulated, also that of the Insurers - Genworth.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X