• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LTSB cc default and termination?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTSB cc default and termination?

I was given a LTSB cc with a silly credit limit, about 9 years ago. Got into financial difficulty in 2003, received a DN followed by a letter from SCaM 'making a formal demand on you to repay the account balance as quoted above' the full amount outstanding. However they end the letter saying that LTSB will consider a reduced lump sum or minthly repayments.

I continued paying a token payment. In 2008 had a letter saying the arrears had been cleared and that a couple of terms from t&cs were being amended, but no new comtract was issued. This year they have taken me off the agreed payment plan, asked for full monthly payments and started adding interest. I have pointed out that I cannot pay those amounts and increased my payment.

They have now issued a new DN.

My question is, can they issue a new DN, by defaulting and legally requesting the full amount in 2003 does this constitute termination of the account and all my payments have been in good faith but not part of a legal contract? Can I point this out to them and that unlawful rescission means I only have to pay the defaulted amount.

Re: LTSB cc default and termination?

hi can you let me know what happend with this as they have done the same to me

I have written and asked them to explain how they can close and report a default on the account in 2002 while still reporting payments under an arrangement to pay,and then saying they are reporting the account as defaulted again in 2010

this was in feb not heard a word from them

thanks Missp

Comment

Re: LTSB cc default and termination?

Hi, sorry I hadn't seen your post. My account has gone to Wescot who have supplied a poor copy of the original application. I a, mow waiting to hear who 'owns' the account!
      So, no agreement for the 'new agreement'.
      2 sets of DNs. both of which I think are incorrect, plus SCaM had demanded the full amount.
      Therefore I am no further forward and still playing a waiting game.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X