• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

unpaid dd charge £30.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid dd charge £30.00

i have an account that the only money going into it is child benefit, dont know if im right or not but ive heard somewhere that if the only thing going into an account is benefits, that a bank can not take this money away from you as the goverment states, you need this money to live on ?
    unpaid direct debit should have gone out on the 27 th for £11.40, this is for house insurance , as its a yearly renewel, this used to go out on the 28th, but i didnt realise the date had changed, also if i had of done i wouldnt have been able to pay it in the day before as it was a sunday. Can any one advise if i can reclaim the charges thanks .

Re: unpaid dd charge £30.00

On what date did it actually go out?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

they went to take it on the 27th, child benefit went in the following day, insurance company changed date of direct debit from the 28th to the 27th, did not notice the change on my renewal letter from company.

Comment

OK thanks, firstly, contact your insurance provider and if necessary change the date the DD is taken in the following months to prevent you from incurring charges again.

As for reclaiming the charge from your bank, who provides your account? In my opinion it would not be possible at present to "reclaim" the charge as such through legal action as we used to before. However, my advice would be to contact your banks' customer service and explain the situation that has occurred. The charges are computer generated as you know and sometimes speaking directly to the call centre operators, calmly and not abusively, explaining how much this will affect your daily living then you may be pleasantly surprised. Assure them that you have contacted your insurance provider to prevent this from happening again.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Certainly from my own experience with Nationwide's so-called 'customer service' I have been far from pleasantly surprised or dealt with.

My case is now currently with the Ombudsman. Nationwide have generated somewhere around £ 5,500 of unjustified 'charges' or misnamed 'fees' from their own initial loss of my own money paid in, fully acknowledged by them, which pushed the account into its first unauthorised something-or-other and then escalated in domino-theory fashion. All their own fabricated charges, not one from genuine borrowing of receiving any cash from them. They claim about £1700 back from me; I claim that plus about £ 3800 from them.

Good luck with your own case, Deeasm.

(Tools said: "...my advice would be to contact your banks' customer service and explain the situation that has occurred. The charges are computer generated as you know and sometimes speaking directly to the call centre operators, calmly and not abusively, explaining how much this will affect your daily living then you may be pleasantly surprised. Assure them that you have contacted your insurance provider to prevent this from happening again.")

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
            OK thanks, firstly, contact your insurance provider and if necessary change the date the DD is taken in the following months to prevent you from incurring charges again.

As for reclaiming the charge from your bank, who provides your account? In my opinion it would not be possible at present to "reclaim" the charge as such through legal action as we used to before. However, my advice would be to contact your banks' customer service and explain the situation that has occurred. The charges are computer generated as you know and sometimes speaking directly to the call centre operators, calmly and not abusively, explaining how much this will affect your daily living then you may be pleasantly surprised. Assure them that you have contacted your insurance provider to prevent this from happening again.
            Despite the comment after your post pertaining to Nationwide I would wholeheartedly agree with your advice. I had this situation with my bank last month over insufficient funds which incurred a £19 fee for what would have meant being overdrawn for one day.

I phoned (Co-op) and explained what had happened, stated my account had been kept perfectly for 8 years until this one off occasion and simply stated I expected the charge to be reimbursed. No argument whatsoever, they reimbursed it though legally they did not have to.

Hope your experience is the same as mine!
            Last edited by Caspar; 6th November 2010, 21:50:PM.

Comment

I've got into trouble with nationwide hada DD bounce as I forgot to canx but now im incurring monthly charges forun authorised o/d not using acc as i hav no income as dole office have lost my calis for income based jsa and mrs whoruns the small businees sasy no topaying this off asmy det any advice appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X