• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tazlil v Nationwide credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tazlil v Nationwide credit card

Hope I'm posting in the right thread as it concerns Nationwide Credit Card and not the bank. Also I cannot access the T & Cs thread.
    I have attached what I think are my original T&Cs for my Nationwide credit card from 2003.
    I've only just submitted a claim against Nationwide credit card services (no court date yet), in which I said I did not have, nor was I supplied with, the original T & Cs. Now that I've found them, can I still produce and use these T & Cs in court, or do I have to give prior notice to Nationwide (or their solicitors) that I have them?
    Also, how in general, do you use the original T & Cs to your advantage in court (if it goes that far!) i.e. what arguement do you use; or does it depend on the specific wording in each particular T & C sheet?

Re: Tazlil v Nationwide credit card

Hi. What is your claim for? and could you post up or PM your claim particulars.
    This way we would a clear idea of what to advise.

Comment

Sorry - it was for the usual penalty charges, namely late charges and overlimit charges. I have attached my POC
      Last edited by tazlil; 5th October 2007, 11:13:AM. Reason: personal details included!

Comment

Hi folks - just wondered if you had any reply to T & C question in previous thread.
        I have another problem. Has anyone got the head office address for Nationwide Credit Card Services? I issued a claim last week, but the Court returned all copies of my paperwork because they say they cannot serve a claim to a PO box! The address I used on Form 125 was as follows:

Nationwide Credit Card Services
        PO Box 5291
        Southend On Sea
        SS99 6BX

This is the address I have used for all correspondence so far, and It's the address printed on all letters I've received from Nationwide Credit Card Services, but the Court won't accept it - they want a Head Office address with NO PO Box number in it!
        I rang Nationwide and asked for the 'Head Office' address, but all they seem to have is the address with the 'PO Box' in it (I was passed about on the phone and got this answer from three different people in three different departments!). On my fourth transfer, I was given the following address:

Credit Card Collections
        Kings Park Road
        Moulton Park
        Northampton
        NN3 6NW

However, I'm not confident that this is the correct address as the person who gave it to me said to "Get the Court to send my paperwork here and they'll pass it on to the right department". Sounds dodgy!

I have another address as follows - but this is for the building society and not the credit card:

Nationwide Building Society
        Nationwide House
        Pipers Way
        Swindon
        SN38 1NW

Also, as a credit card company, can they issue a stay in view of the test case - or can only a bank or building society use the test case to issue a stay?

Finally, I have several other claims to issue soon. I receive benefits, but my benefit is not paid directly into any of these accounts so I can't use the 'benefits POC'. Should I still mention the benefits in my standard POC in lieu of any future stay?

Cheers

Tazlil

Comment

well this address:
          Nationwide Building Society, Head Office, Nationwide House, Pipers Way,
          Swindon, Wiltshire SN38 1NW.
          is on their credit card literature. :rolleyes:

and the address on data protection register is also that above.

Credit Card charges are not under the remit of the oft case and should not be stayed.
          Thats not to say that they wont try anyway. Just be aware you will still need to persuade court of this fact.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X