• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Gimme a Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme a Job

Any employers out there that will give me a job because I am getting real scared now of what is to come in this welfare reform.

I am on Incapacity Benefit and Disability Living Allowance because I had a Stroke 20 yrs ago at the age of 25 and I also have Heart Disease and had a stent fitted last year.

I had a very good job which I enjoyed until being made redundant in September 2007 but now because of the spasticity I have down my right side no one wants to employ me can employers not see the benefits of employment for the disabled

I am getting real scared of what Mr Osborne has up his sleeve

http://www.publications.parliament.u...mdebate/03.htm

And I am sick and tired of being branded a scrounger I worked for 20yrs after my stroke and paid my dues and would work now if employers saw the benefits but sadly as has been proved by me many times over I get no further than the first interview that is bad enough, but to now have the prospects of Mr Osborne's Welfare Review and to shortly be migrated from I.B to ESA which is undertaken not by my doctor who is the best person to judge my fitness to work but by ATOS I may as well jump of big ben.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Re: Gimme a Job

Link goes to the Billy Wright inquiry...

I dont know how ESA works particularly but you ARE looking for work and it IS evidenced as you have attended interviews and you WANT to work - so even if you are deemed to be fit for work - you'll still get something...JSA etc. I don't know if being deemed fit to work means you lose any additional disability payments though ?

The welfare rules are not meant to penalise people who want to work but are finding it damn impossible to find someone to take them on. I hope they don't end up doing so.

Did you get your response in on the consultation to IDS btw ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If deemed fit to work you lose £20.00 a week, that is to say you get £65 rather than £85 a week to live on plus housing benefit of you qualify.

I really don't know what to say to make you feel better - perhaps, remember you have a vote

Not very helpful right now I know, we are living in some very inhumane times, hang on in there, one day at a time.
      Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Pompey my OH has had his own business (I joined him when we got together) and he had a major stroke in 1998 at the age of 51, he had to learn to walk and talk again. Since then he has had many heart problems and has had stents fitted, he is diabetic also. 2 years ago he had a mini stroke and had to have a Carotid Endarterectomy (Enaid, Ame, Amy, Tuttsi and others will remember that time as they saw me through it all), he takes 13 tablets first thing in the morning and a few more during the day to keep him going, then one month after he had the op and was well enough to resume working my mum passed away suddenly.

What I am trying to say to you is, we are lucky, we have our own business and himself can do as many or as few hours as he wants and I promise you if you lived nearer we would take you on in a heartbeat.

Keep looking hun, send letters to local businesses and let people know you are there and willing to work, something will turn up for you.

Re: George Osborne and his ilk, well at times they talk out of their bums, and remember as Zazen says remember you have a vote, and of course you can start a campaign too.

Comment

Thanks Ame and Zazen,

Whilst I agree with most of what this condem government is trying to achieve because the last government was reckless it is the way they are going about it.

Yes there are many that could work and may I say milking it, if not for a better word there needs to be a batter way of establishing who is and who is not fit to work.

As I say Id gladly work although on limited hours, but by the same token the governments needs to do more to educate employers on the benefits of employing the disabled and stop the discrimination that I have witnessed.

When I was made redundant I spent 6 mths looking for work solidly and yes the work is out there but sadly because of my disabilities I come last down the pecking order I have even offered to work free for a couple of mths.

One chap even refused to interview me as he thought I was wasting his time, imagine how that made me feel.

Yup a waste to society, I have worked for 20 yrs with my stroke disabilities so what is the difference.

I know im having a rant so I apologise but its better out than in lol

Just wish the government would choose there words more carefully because there are many people trying but hitting a brick wall.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Sapphire,

Thank You so much and may I give my regards to your hubby a true fighter like me by the sounds of it.

I too am on many pills a day and probably the same ones lol.

I am generally a happy go lucky chap who is thankful and holds the NHS in very high esteem.

I wake up every morning to think how lucky really I am.

Anyway my next course of action because I have been out of the job market for nearly 3 years now is to attack voluntary work for a year or too limiting my self of course to the amount of hours they will let me do

Hey I may try the stroke association as im sure there is plenty of advice can give to stroke patients in there recovery.
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14th September 2010, 20:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

I think there will be some considerable distance between what they propose and what they actually manage to implement. They don't ever take the long view, and Cameron always seems to be swayed by the last person he spoke to.
            Last edited by Zazen.Warrior; 15th September 2010, 13:46:PM.
            Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Sapphire,

For your infomation what I had was actually a subarachnoid haemorrhage and it was the brain surgery that induced the stroke.

But I use the term stroke as it is a lot easier to say lol

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/subarac...roduction.aspx
              indeed life is a battle it took me 18 mths to get DLA that I was entitled too got turned down first time so had to appeal which took all of 15 mins lol

My GP has been very good and was right behind me during the appeal.
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14th September 2010, 20:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Blimey is that what you had PF, certainly looks terrifying hun. Don't blame you using the term 'stroke', personally I'd never remember how to spell the actual description hun.

Hey one day we should list the tablets you both take and see if any match lol.

By the way have you tried contacting Age Concern or whatever its called nowadays, they are excellent and very helpful and deal with everyone over the age of 50, we have a branch in one of the units where we have our office and they have volunteers in there of all shapes, sizes and capabilities.

Comment

they are excellent and very helpful and deal with everyone over the age of 50
                  Indeed they are, but I'm only a wee 45
                  Yup and I have the scar to match lol from the top of my forehead right the way over to the back of my right ear.

And no i'm not a skin head lol
                  Hey one day we should list the tablets you both take and see if any match lol.
                  Can do that now:

Ramipril 2.5 mg
                  Lipitor Atorvastatin 80mg
                  Aspirin 75mg
                  Plavix Clopidogrel 75mg
                  Bisoprolol 2.5mg
                  Indoramin 20mg
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14th September 2010, 20:59:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Thank You so much and may I give my regards to your hubby a true fighter like me by the sounds of it- [COLOR="Navy"] Les needs to be a fighter - he has to live with Sapph!! (Only joking Sapph but you know me, I couldn't [COLOR="navy"]resist [/COLOR]it lol)

Next course of action because I have been out of the job market for nearly 3 years now is to attack voluntary work for a year or too limiting my self of course to the amount of hours they will let me do

Hey I may try the stroke association as im sure there is plenty of advice can give to stroke patients in there recovery. Pompey you should send them your CV, what better advert for the work they do than someone who has battled through and survived a stroke, and can show others that it can be dealt with and isn't the end of the world?
                    PF keep at it mate, I'm sure something will come along one day xx
                    oh dear, not quite sure what went wrong with me crayon there.......
                    Last edited by WendyB; 14th September 2010, 22:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X