• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

letters when on benfits help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letters when on benfits help

due to penaty charges...need help puting a letter to creditors..as im on d.l.a benfits they have reg defaults im stuck in high intrest mortgage at 9.95 % carnt move due to faults was in a D.M.P that stoped due drop in child tax in oct 2005 untill this year grediters just wouldnt help just more intrest its caudeing finacl hardship thanks

Re: letters when on benfits help

Hi Smith
    Theres some letters in this link.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=2210

The banks do not have to comply but i think the DSS can demand money back, i'm yet to look into this, i'm sure someone on here has better knowledge of the route you need to take.

I also think your post may be under others section, hopefully some one will move it for you into the benefit section.

best of luck
    Pam

Comment

Re: letters when on benfits help

Smith

The FSA announcement regarding the test case quite clearly states the banks should continue to deal with complaints regarding financial hardship cases during the OFT test case, therefore you have every right to expect yours to be investigated and dealt with.

It isn't proving as straightforward as you might expect, however, if you send the prelim letter http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=2211 from the link Pam gave you, then let us know as soon as you get your reply and let us know what they say, we will help with your next step.

You should also send the letter of appropriation to the bank before your benefits go in, again we can't guarantee they will take notice but it will show either the court or the FOS that you have done everything possible to prevent them taking your benefits.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X