• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with virgin - didnt use data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with virgin - didnt use data

just browsing around at phones as my contract is up tomorrow and logged into my account to see what offers are available for me - found my next bill would be £64 when its usually only £12 at the most....

looked and my recent calls is showing as;

over 5 hours of using the internet on my phone......i never ever use my internet at home unless my broadband is down..i never ever use it for over 5 hours

now my tarriff im on gives me 100 minutes and 100 texts and that is showing as i have 32 minutes left....

now virgin say they charge 30p a day for the net anyway

then i found out what is causing it.........was browsing on facebook on my laptop and my sister said are you out cos youre showing as being on web - hence i realised somehow my laptop and phone are connecting.........i phoned 789 again and got a nicer assistant who said it could be my wireless is connecting to my phone - i checked and saw the connection there.........i have now disconnected it but also told virgin to disconnect my internet as i dont use it on my phone anyhow.................

i now have to phone back on the 6th to see if it proves the above and if it does i will not have to pay the charges.........

im worried sick they will say i have to pay though.........how do i prove what happened?????????

phoned back today and they said to phone back tomorrow as the bill still isnt ready......had a reply off consumer direct who said i can be liable for the charges....

does anyone have any help please?

the laptop i was working on while it was connecting to the internet on my phone is also with virgin - so in effect i would be paying twice for something - i pay for xl virgin broadband and its only about £22 a month anyway........
    Last edited by magoogy; 6th September 2010, 18:34:PM.

Re: help with virgin - didnt use data

Wait until you know whether or not you will be charged and try to stop worrying until you do.

Comment

thanks hun......ill see if my bill is prepared tomorrow and then phone em and see whats what...fingers crossed....x

Comment

well - the bill was prepared this morning - 3 days overdue (its never been late before ever)............they contacted me and said it shows ive used gprs on the phone to stream over the internet at 48p a minute and the charges stand........im going to phone them tomorrow as i didnt have chance today - is there any advice as to what i can say???????? thanks...........this feels sooo unfair especially when i use them for my tv/phone and broadband which is unlimited...........

Comment

How much are they charging you? Your first post states that they have indicated that your bill will be £64 when it is usually only £12 and yet the 48p per minute that you mention in the post above, if it is applied for five hours (which you mention in post #1) amounts to more than twice that.

Comment

i actually tried working it out and the costs never ever added up.......they told me id been on constantly for 5 hours at 48p a minute - then one said 48p for five minutes...........then, im told ive had 10 transactions which have amounted to £57 (the rest of the bill is my monthly amount which is right)....

i cannot see anywhere it says the true cost for going over your unlimited allowance (unfair usage policy in place)............surely this should be wrote down somewhere but, it isnt.......

I am sending a cheque for the £8.60 which i am not disputing and putting in writing the reason why - hopefully they will waive the charges due to it not being my fault....internet has been switched off on my phone now....

Comment

OK, let us know what they say next and we can help from there if necessary.

Comment

well - to update you........i cancelled the direct debit like i said so i received the bill via the post.............they were charging me £64.....£8.60 was my normal charges and the rest were for using the internet on my phone............i put in writing as to why i thought i shouldnt pay the charges ..........ive today received an email saying they are going to credit the account with £25 but this means im still due to pay the £33 thats left........

part of me thinks this is a sign they know im in the right but part of me thinks should i just pay it and never get a contract sim again?????

£33 is a lot of money to pay for something i already pay for though and its irking me..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X