• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Telephone Harrassment help, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telephone Harrassment help, please

I have a good credit rating and never, ever miss a payment, but in August my husbands credit card statement did not turn up. I sent a letter, enclosing a cheque and quoting his card number 23rd August. The payment is usually due, from memory, anytime 26th to 29th.
    The phone calls started yesterday, over and over from 080002787281 at approx 8am onwards
    Today, from 9am. I went to work, contacted HSBC, cancelled the cheque and paid direct from my account.
    When I came home, my kids said the phone had rang at least another twice. I checked the phone and sure enough, the same number. Once whilst I was conducting my transaction with the bank and again, an hour later.
    My children said the person sounded foreign and the really had a job understanding what they were saying. They put the phone down.
    How do I stop these people from contacting me again. On checking google, they have lots and lots of numbers and a serious amount of complaints. I think I can only block 10 numbers with BT.
    Thank you in advance

Re: Telephone Harrassment help, please

Hiya

I've checked that number on who calls me and its not coming up with anything. Do you know who the calls are coming from ?

Comment

not on my list, looks to be outsorced No, poss India?

Comment

Yes BT choose to refuse you can block up to ten numbers including "withheld" costs about £4 a month, worth it in my view.
        However it cannot block "international" or "overseas" numbers.
        he number you quote looks like one that was on my list of "missed calls" yesterday and BT tell me it is from a computer operated dialer possible overseas.
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I think you must have mistyped the telephone number, you have one digit too many.

Comment

I think you must have mistyped the telephone number, you have one digit too many.
            Or it's a Spoofed Calling Line Identity (CLI), which suggests an overseas Caller.

From what I remember, it is very hard to spoof the CLI from within the United Kingdom, but much easier when calling in from outside of the UK.

Hence all of the 00 prefix numbers you see, followed by a sometimes long series of digits...or just a handful.

Either way, my guess is this is a call that originated overseas...assuming you have typed the number correctly.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
            BRW

Comment

How to stop Debt Collection Phone Calls - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum post #14, the number was mistyped.

Comment

I always use 'who calls me', I put the number in post #1 and nothings coming up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  I always use 'who calls me', I put the number in post #1 and nothings coming up for it.
                  ...because it's the wrong number...

Comment

who calls me is a good site

Comment

Hi. Go on to this websire and register a free 0871 number. http://www.flextel.com/

Give the DCAs and creditors the 0871 number. You can set it up so that you get a recorded message on your computer plus an email alert.

Its up top you if you then call them back or not BUT you earn 3p a minute for accls to that number and its FREE to get one and set it up.

Comment

(which I think is a darn good idea)

Comment

Ooops, there is an extra 7 in the number. It should be 08000287281. Sorry about that.
                          Thank you for the replies. Checking the number on Google, it is related to HSBC.
                          There are pages and pages of complaints about the harrassment given out by HSBC.
                          Might be time to change banks.
                          Thanks again, everyone

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                            not on my list, looks to be outsorced No, poss India?
                            hi guys i had a few problems with hsbc a few years ago from what i understand the majority of there phone calls concerning debt come through from the phillipines there very sneaky i don,t know how they do it but it doesn,t seem to come up as a international number.

Comment

being as hsbc is a global bank I would think it is quiet easy for them to do cappo
                              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X