• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help Court papers served to old address and thats not all....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Court papers served to old address and thats not all....

Hi

Need help - received court papers kindly sent to old address by solicitor acting for OC.

Except bit confused.

OC was bought out by another bank. Letter sent.

DN - served - 21st Nov '09

TN - Sent - Jan

May '10 - received letter from DCA informing me they had purchased debt and OC transferred all rights and interest in agreement incl. outstanding balance.

Present day - court papers received from OC.

Is this correct. Or should the DCA be taking me to court. I am well confused.

POC state - DN sent first class 15 Dec '09 ??????

And term letter 6/1/10

Ok so, correct me again, if Default Notice sent was sent our 15th December as they state in POC 1st class, then by my calculations 14 days takes me to 7th Jan taking into account bank hols and that is taking them at their word a DN was actually sent out and sent out 1st class.

Can anyone assist ???

Re: Urgent Help Court papers served to old address and thats not all....

Originally posted by fallenangel View Post

Ok so, correct me again, if Default Notice sent was sent our 15th December as they state in POC 1st class, then by my calculations 14 days takes me to 7th Jan taking into account bank hols and that is taking them at their word a DN was actually sent out and sent out 1st class.

Can anyone assist ???

Hi fallenangel,

When calculating the 14 days from service, you cannot include bank holidays or weekends.

So, assume sent 1st class on the 15th, deemed served on the 17th, plus 14 days to rectify, takes you to the 31st.

The onus is on the creditor to prove service, but there have been some very disconcerting results in the courts of late so just tread carefully.

Hope this helps.

F x

Comment

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
      Hi fallenangel,

When calculating the 14 days from service, you cannot include bank holidays or weekends.

So, assume sent 1st class on the 15th, deemed served on the 17th, plus 14 days to rectify, takes you to the 31st.

The onus is on the creditor to prove service, but there have been some very disconcerting results in the courts of late so just tread carefully.

Hope this helps.

F x
      Hi

Thanks, yes i understand that, much appreciated but what i don't understand is whether they have the legal right to be pursuing me or not ??

Any suggestions??

Comment

Which DCA and OC are we talking about ? And do the account numbers on the claim scan with the accounts ? (ie there arent two different accounts with the same OC)

If the DCA had indeed purchased the debt and it was assigned correctly then yes they should be the ones taking you to court, if we know who people might know how these particular companies work.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Which DCA and OC are we talking about ? And do the account numbers on the claim scan with the accounts ? (ie there arent two different accounts with the same OC)

If the DCA had indeed purchased the debt and it was assigned correctly then yes they should be the ones taking you to court, if we know who people might know how these particular companies work.
          Thanks

Think I am confusing everyone.

Here is the situation

I take out car loan with Mrs Bank

Then Mrs Bank meets Mr Bank and they get married.

Mrs Bank then takes Mr Banks name and now Mr bank writes to me to tell me they own my debt and I now pay them.

So, now i am with Mr Bank - ok no problem, but I miss 3 payments.

So Mr Bank get Mr nasty chaser to write to me. I ignore.

I pay Mr Bank as usual but Mr Bank send me default notice

But then Mr Bank again get Mr Nasty Chaser mark II to write to me and they arrange a home visit.

Mr Bank send me termination notice.

I still pay Mr bank

3 months later Mr Nasty Chaser mark II sends me a letter informing me they have purchased the debt from Mr bank and they own the legals rights etc etc.

So I try to pay Mr bank but now can't!!!

Now Mr Bank serves me court papers.

So now ................help!!! Please
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          If your still cofused please asl me specific question.

I have default notice.

I have termination notice

I have letter after termination telling me they have changed my account number

i pay by debit card.

Letter received from debt collector informing me they purchaased the debt including legal rights etc.

2 months later bank taking me to court for repo of car

I believe the HP agreement is unenfoceable although the copy I have is VERY hard to read.

My questions still remains who has the rights to take me to court ??? The Bank or the debt collector who purchased the agreement.
          Last edited by fallenangel; 2nd September 2010, 11:12:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

lol thanks for that.

Yep get that, for arguments sake, just so I understand it really, this is the situation;

You have a debt with GE Money (finance on a car). Santander took over GE money, so GE money debts are owned by Santander. You dont pay Santander so its defaulted, the terminated and sold to a DCA, then Santander take you to court.

Yes, the DCA should be taking you to court as they own the debt, unless Santander have bought it back or there was some issue with assignment.

Can you scan the default, termination and assignment docs and post up ? and a scan of the N1 form from the court would help. If the orginal agreement is illegible to you it will be worse scanned, but would be useful to have that too.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Found your docs elsewhere ( court papers received from original creditor but debt legal rights assigned - adivce and help please! )- you need to edit them (use paint or something to delete address company names etc as your ink is a bit see through and you left phone numbers/car reg etc on) but I'm quite chuffed I guessed the creditors right lol. Assuming they are your docs, thats a nice comprehensive POC, but doesnt anywhere mention assignment of the debt to close finance. Also, as you say they have the DN date incorrect.

Ref the NOA. it may be that it is faulty as it stands and Santander do still legally own the debt. Have you checked with Santander at all since getting the NOA from Close ?

You'll certainly want to bring up the close finance letter in the defence. Sounds like something has gone wonky at Santander on your case a CPR request (as you have sent) should sort out the original docs and correct the dates in their claim (which loooks like an amended standard template they use so it may be they didnt amend properly)

Its a moneyclaim but if they get repo of the car the money claim bit will be reduced accordingly.

It is much easier to talk about the actual companies involved than mr bank and mrs bank tho else we'll just be getting in a pickle.

If you prefer though we can stick with the Mr & Mrs and I'll take off bits re Santander (as it was just a guess in my last post)
              Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd September 2010, 14:16:PM. Reason: burgered something up, sorry, cheers itwasn'tme xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Their figures in the claim seem a little wonky too.

Car price £18890

Less deposit paid £3424

plus interest £4624

only gives £20190 tho if you add the deposit back on again gives the £23614 ???

They have said ''the hire purchase balance of 23614 was payable by 59 consecuitive monthly payments of £334.72 plus final payment of 632.72''
                which comes to £20381 ???

On the agreement it looks more like the final payment figure is £285.80 ? (giving £20033 overall)

They have put similar of page 2.

The cash price of the vehicle according to all that is £22314 ? ( I cant make that figure out at all on the agreement)

How much was the car ?
                Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd September 2010, 13:28:PM.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Found your docs elsewhere ( court papers received from original creditor but debt legal rights assigned - adivce and help please! )- you need to edit them (use paint or something to delete address company names etc as your ink is a bit see through and you left phone numbers/car reg etc on) but I'm quite chuffed I guessed the creditors right lol. Assuming they are your docs, thats a nice comprehensive POC, but doesnt anywhere mention assignment of the debt to close finance. Also, as you say they have the DN date incorrect.

Ref the NOA. it may be that it is faulty as it stands and Santander do still legally own the debt. Have you checked with Santander at all since getting the NOA from Close ?

You'll certainly want to bring up the close finance letter in the defence. Sounds like something has gone wonky at Santander on your case a CPR request (as you have sent) should sort out the original docs and correct the dates in their claim (which loooks like an amended standard template they use so it may be they didnt amend properly)

Its a moneyclaim but if they get repo of the car the money claim bit will be reduced accordingly.

It is much easier to talk about the actual companies involved than mr bank and mrs bank tho else we'll just be getting in a pickle.

If you prefer though we can stick with the Mr & Mrs and I'll take off bits re Santander (as it was just a guess in my last post)

Amethyst - thanks I love you! Not literally.

I appreciate your help as been going out of my mind. I dont mind discussing as Santander as was just trying to make it crystal clear and felt all I was doing was managing to confuse people.

Yes sent CPR yesterday, just waitinig to hear

Original agreement is completely unreadable as you have seen.

In what way do you think the Assigmnet from Close would be not right.

Really appreciate your help thanks as really worried

Just so you know, I also tried to pay Santander three times, over phone, and in branch but they could not find my account and refused payment.

Back in June I sent Close section 77 request but heard nothing.

Sent a SAR request to Sandander but only received back the agreement - hard to read and statement. Nothing else.

Just I sent another letter asking for more info?????

Thanks
                  And thanks I will try harder to obliterate details!
                  Last edited by fallenangel; 2nd September 2010, 17:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

lol thanks x

Yip, can you clear up the actual price agreed to pay for the car - was it £18990 or £23214 ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

lol thanks x

Yip, can you clear up the actual price agreed to pay for the car - was it £18990 or £23214 ?

Yes sorry just trying to deciphre

Total cash price of car is £18990

Comment

Is that what the actual ticket price of the car was ? ie thats what you agreed to pay (whether through finance or anything else) THEN paid the deposit to come off of that (which means the credit should have been around £15566) OR was the price you agreed to pay £23614 which you then paid a deposit on which makes the credit needed £18990.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Docs for info. (save trapsing back over to find them)

ASSIGNMENT
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...ofassignp1.jpg

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...rofasignp2.jpg

ORIGINAL AGREEMENT

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...ementPage1.jpg
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...ementPage2.jpg

Particulars of claim
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/POCPage1.jpg
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/POCPage2.jpg
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...CFinalPage.jpg

N1 Claim
                          http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...aimformjpg.jpg
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Their figures in the claim seem a little wonky too.

Car price £18890

Car price £18990

Less deposit paid £3424

Less deposit £3242

plus interest £4624

HP charges £4325.20 - maybe hard to read
                            + option fee of £289 = £4624.20

only gives £20190 tho if you add the deposit back on again gives the £23614 ???

They have said ''the hire purchase balance of 23614 was payable by 59 consecuitive monthly payments of £334.72 plus final payment of 632.72''
                            which comes to £20381 ???

Yes correct 59 payments of £334.72 + final payment of £334.72 + 289 (option fee) = £623.72
                            On the agreement it looks more like the final payment figure is £285.80 ? (giving £20033 overall)

They have put similar of page 2.

The cash price of the vehicle according to all that is £22314 ? ( I cant make that figure out at all on the agreement)

How much was the car ?

Ok, so now I am lookiing more closely at figs

Cash price £18990.00

Less Deposit £3242.00

= total loan £15748.00

Therefore - 59 payments x £334.72 = £19748.48
                            Plus, final payment of £623.72

Equals total payments of £20372.20

plus deposit - £3242.00

Equals total amount payable of £23,614.20 - including deposit.

Which i believe is correct.

I think figs all ok
                            Is that what the actual ticket price of the car was ? ie thats what you agreed to pay (whether through finance or anything else) THEN paid the deposit to come off of that (which means the credit should have been around £15566) OR was the price you agreed to pay £23614 which you then paid a deposit on which makes the credit needed £18990.

Yes ticket price of car was £18990

then I paid deposit which was previous car traded in.

so amount of credit was £15748 - which was the amount I borrowed.

No never checked with Santander, just sent them SAR request but only got hard to read agreement and list of payments I made.

Although, I have tried to pay but been unable as they could locate my account.
                            Last edited by fallenangel; 2nd September 2010, 18:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Excellent Thanks (did I mention I was crap at maths? lol) that agreement really is hard to read xx

Am happy with those figures now.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X