• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chalkitup v NatWest and DCA's Re Personal Account Overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalkitup v NatWest and DCA's Re Personal Account Overdraft

I recently complained yet again about no response to my SAR that I sent Nat West in 2007 ............ I have just received a letter from their Credit Management Services ....They write .... "We are in receipt of your recent written request for your personal data" ....... RECENT .... that was in 2007!!!

"We are allowed up to 40 days from receipt of request to produce the information" ..... it has so far been approx 3 years and 3 months.

And this sentence ....

"Please be aware that it is not our practise to provide further copies of standard documents that you would have received as part of our normal course of business and this includes copies of statements"

I thought the idea of a SAR was that we get sent absolutely everything that concerns us including all the documents etc that we would have been sent over the years because by now they could have been lost / thrown out etc.

And then they sort of cover their ar*e a bit by adding "However, if you do want copy statements please advise us and confirm the statement period you wish this to cover"

I am going to send another letter to them that lists everything wanted and includes the kitchen sink but before I do ........ are they trying to fob me off a little by what they have written to me.

I will also explain to them that there is no 6 year cut off period for data request so I want everything from the year dot that they have on me!
    Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Re: Chalkitup v NatWest and DCA's Re Personal Account Overdraft

Just a wee point, depending what SAR you sent them will be why they have replied with that, you arent actually entitled to 'COPY statements' in a SAR, you are though entitled to a 'list of transactions over the history of your account' This is usually a longgggggggg print out of all, well, transactions on your account since day one.

SAR entitled you to info they hold on you. They hold computer records of all transactions. Statements are created and sent from that, and they dont keep copies of them, they are only pretty and laid out with info on for your ref and to meet regs.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Right .... thanks for that info ...... so far all I have been sent is a transaction list covering approx six years ...... account been open approx 25 years! So I will push them for transaction list from day one.

I am more concerned that I have received nothing else whatsoever ...... I thought the whole idea of a SAR was to get a copy of DN, termination notice, any notes on account, telephone log and comms log etc etc ................. am I wrong ......... surely we do not pay £10 just for a transaction list?
      Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

From the comms log you might be able to confirm things such as date of DN, date of termination and the like. Very few companies keep actual copies of this type of info as they'd need filing cabinets the size of Wembley stadium.

It's a record of the data they hold on you, not necessarily copies of everything they've ever sent you. Subtle but important difference.

M

Comment

Hello MandM,

Right ...... I will point out that I want a copy of the comms log ......... and that I suppose will / should note on it when and if they sent me the overdraft facility letters that I was meant to get re OFT Determination.

It seems to me that just about everything is stacked against anyone fighting a bank ........ and even when they do not have the correct documents it seems that Judges side with them in court ........ Beginning to think I should just not answer their letters and phone calls at all any more and see what they do. After all they can not put a charging order on a property I rent .... and my benefit does not cover my outgoings at the moment anyway ... plus they are welcome to my old banger of a car so perhaps I would be better off being taken to court. :tinysmile_aha_t:
          Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Originally posted by Chalkitup View Post
            After all they can not put a charging order on a property I rent .... and my benefit does not cover my outgoings at the moment anyway ... plus they are welcome to my old banger of a car so perhaps I would be better off being taken to court. :tinysmile_aha_t:
            Puts you in quite a strong position as your situation, unfortunate as it is, pee's on their fireworks a bit.

I have had SARs that were excellent - proper copies of statements, copy letters on headed paper etc. Others have been a nightmare to read. MBNA being the worst where I got the long long long transaction print-out instead of statements like Amethyst refers to. Was a pig to read.

3 years though!!! Wow. That's really taking the mick. I'd be complaining to anyone that'll listen!

M

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X