• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AL59 PPI Claim - Natwest **REFUNDED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL59 PPI Claim - Natwest **REFUNDED**

Hi all,
    I got home tonight to a load of mail from Cobbetts,Northampton and my own County Court so I will deal with each one on each thread re this PPI.
    I think I would be better starting at the beginning.
    When I first Filed with this I did not know of this site and the nice people who helped,I did not know of any site at all then a friend pointed me to the Martin Lewis site. I watched the video of him explaining how to claim on line, so I thought that sounds easy enough so I went on line filled in the form paid my money and thought that was it now just sit and wait as Martin Lewis had told me. I did not know about POCS and what have you?
    I had writen to Natwest telling them they had misold me PPI. They said they had not ect ect.I worked out how much I had paid in monthly premiums up until the date I asked them to pay me back which was £1589.49 I added 8% interest to it £127.15 which is what I thought you did came to a total £1716.64 and compensation to be negotiated. They wrote back said no but they will cancel the policy but I still had to pay £21.02 per month for the term of the loan Nattie did explain this to me.
    So I claimed on line for the full amount of the premium £3675.00 I did not send anything else to the court thinking doing it on line that was it?
    My online POC read as.
    On September 2nd 2004 I was misold a Personal Loan Protector.Wereas being self employed the only claim you could make was if you became bankrupt.You could not claim for sickness,accident or becoming unemployed.They just added this cover to the loan but did not explain the details.Had I been told the details I would not have accepted the PPI.When I tried to cancel the policy they told me I could not cancel the policy and refused to refund the cost of the cover. The cost of the cover was £54.81 per month. When they cancelled the policy they still charged me £21.02 per month for the balance of the loan period. That was the way I said it on the POC.
    I have received a letter from the Northampton Court.
    saying. Please note that the Registry of Judgements has returned the attached judgement registration they need to query a particualar aspect of the information you have supplied If there are any amendments to the defendants name please file an N244 and pay £35 please refer to the back page this gives the reason that theRegistry of judgements are unable to register the judgement.
    The reasons are
    a joint judgement against two firms
    b One firm name
    c Second form is part of the address
    d Other please specify.

I think I see the mistake I made how I dont know????????????
    On the online claim form it says Claimant I have my name address and post code
    the next box says Address for sending documents and payments ( if different)
    I have put my name and address again and my bank account sort code and account number why I dont know. Will this be what has thrown a spanner in the works and How do I get round it They have sent me an Aplication notice and an explanation how to fill it in do I have to pay £35
    as well It is all so confusing Do I have to send copies of all the letters I have sent Nastywest asking for my money back even though it is less than what I claimed on line or is everything ok because they gave me a judgement in default. I am only home till tuesday then I go away again for 9 days and I have stuff on the other threads I need to discuss with you all.
    Al
    Last edited by Al59; 27th July 2007, 23:08:PM.

No, that part is fine. What did you put down as the Defendant's name and address?

Is this the only thing they are querying?

Comment

Two boxes on the forms for defendants name and address. Tell us what both of those have in on your original.

If you want me to give you a call to talk through this pm me with your number.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

AL59 PPI Claim - Natwest

Hi Ame,
        The judgement request was for the ppi claim.
        I have the claim form in front of me

First Defendant.
        Natwest Bank

Natwest
        135 Bishopsgate
        London
        EC2M 3TP

Second defendant Box Blank
        and that is exactly how it looks on the form

Comment

Just spoken to Help desk at MCOL. The problem was on the N1 (SO FINICKY) Defendant I had Natwest, address I had Natwest Bank ect and that was it I now know how careful you have to be in the wording cost me £35

Comment

I did try to explain that to you the other day, the slightest blip and it all goes belly up. Nothing too major on yours though I am sure it will be sorted. enaid x

Comment

Have you sent the form off for the changes or do they not require it now ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Havnt sent anything yet Ame just got the details from MCOL what the prob was will have to post it off tonight did you say it need a new POC as well ?

Comment

Re: AL59 Natwest Claim

Hi All,
                  Help needed with this one this one, a letter from Cobbets this morning re the default judgement that I got for the misold ppi.
                  Application Notice

Part A intend to apply for an order that The judgement in default for the claimant dated 11th July 2007 be set aside and enforcement of the judgement to be suspended pending the outcome of the application hearing.

because pursuant to the part 13.3 ( 1) CPR, the defendant believes that it has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim, and there is some other good reason why the Judgement should be set aside and the defendant be allowed to defend the claim

part b wish to rely on the attached witness statement (nothing attached)

So thats it guys were do I go from here everything else seems to have ground to a halt on the charges I keep looking on the site while I am away to see if any news breaks. I would appreciate some advice on this ppi claim.
                  Many thanks

Comment

It all got put together under Natwest Al 59 claim

Comment

Sorry you are right its a while since I have posted a thread it should have been posted under won by default thread which was my ppi claim thats me making mistakes again.

Comment

Re: Won by Default

Sorry,
                        I put this on the wrong thread earlier its that long since I posted anything anyway letter from Cobbetts today with application notice.

2 Intend to apply for an order that The judgement in default for the claimant dated 11 july 2007 be set aside and enforcement of the judgement to be suspended pending the outcome of the application hearing.

3 because pusuant to part 13.3 ( 1 ) CPR, The defendant believes that it he has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim, and there is some other good reason why the judgement should be set aside and the defendant be allowed to defend the claim.

Part B wish to rely on the attached (witness statement )

I dont know if I am supposed to get a copy of this witness statement? I wasnt sent one with this letter, So thats it were do I go from here.
                        Once again apologies for putting this in the wrong thread its an age thing!!!
                        Last edited by Al59; 27th September 2007, 16:49:PM.

Comment

I'll put it here as well

wot i can say is, if they want to set aside the judgment, they should have done it pursuant to :

CPR 13.3 (2) In considering whether to set aside(GL) or vary a judgment entered under Part 12, the matters
                          to which the court must have regard include whether the person seeking to set aside the
                          judgment made an application to do so promptly.

Comment

Does this mean they have left it to late?

Comment

don't know the legal definition of ' promptly' :shush:. guess it would be up to the judge.
                              How come the judgment was given on the 11th July, and it's still not sorted.
                              Usually the courts will give the defendant 28 days to pay you the money owed, that has passed.
                              Do you have the judgment letter from the courts? wot does it say?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X