• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Contract Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contract Query

You go for it.... and this time you will slaughter them.

How dare they treat you like this.

<<<<<<hugs>>>>>> for a very brave lady xx

Comment

Go for it Di.

What deal did your friend get then?
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        Go for it Di.

What deal did your friend get then?
        Well she kept her job with a guarantee of 25hours per week, they gave her 50 hours for the last 4 weeks she has had no hours and is presently covering 2 weeks for the cleaner while she is on hols plus pot wash. The union rep said if she gets any major issues then she must go back to him. Just to mention she is not in a union it is her OHs that has helped her.
        I think she is a lot braver than I cause I couldn't work with the thought I was being tried to got rid of at the first oppotunity.

Comment

You told him that they had offered you to keep the job or a place at another 'branch' didn't you?

I agree with the Manchester blokey that it wouldnt impress the legal dept, or a tribunal, they followed procedure at the last minute because you kicked up a fuss - they really should have got a formal compromise agreeement rather than a without prejudice payment - awww poor them. Best of luck with it Nelly, hope ACAS are positive too. Make sure you tell them everything.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I did indeed tell him everything and showed him copies of all correspondence.
            The last letter was of the meeting and everything they offerd me and eventually gave me was there to see.
            My refusal to go back there was on the basis of a relationship breakdown with the new manageress.
            The other pubs that are local enough were not the kind I would like to work in and travel was a problem both time and money wise.

Comment

Stick to the travel time and cost of travel arguments if you go for the tribunal Also ask ACAS if Julies case might have any bearing on yours (ie she obviously didnt find it untenable to return to work there so is reasonable to have expected you to do same etc) (thats their argument not mine btw)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We are off lol
                I have me very own conciliation chappy and he does sound ever so loverly.
                Gave him my side and now he is going to ask their side, he did say only about 5 out of a hundred are succsessful re Constructive Dismissal, but nothing ventured eh :beagle:

Comment

Blimey this is better than a whodunnit, except we all know who did it and we are now waiting for the comeuppance.

((((Hugs)))) Di and fingers crossed for a great result.

Comment

Well I hope hun you are one of the 5 sucessfull ones as you deserve to have some luck. You have to teach these people that they cannot break employment laws and get away with it.

xxxxx

Comment

Ok Concillaition through ACAS failed, I submitted a Tribunal claim last week and have an Acknowledgement of Claim, my claim has been accepted.
                      I also have a Notice of Hearing which gives place and time but no date, I rang and the chap I spoke to said he would contact the clerk involved and another letter will be sent with the date on.
                      Two booklets with all the info on what happens next etc.
                      The respondent has 28 days from said letter to respond and any response copied to me.
                      If a response is not received in the time a default judgement may be issued.
                      A copy of this also sent to ACAS.
                      The case has been given 1 day including remedy.
                      Just a waiting game now for their reply.
                      Enaid x

Comment

D-Day 31st Jan 2011, many sleeps off lol

Comment

Blimey thats a long ways off, gives you time to prepare though lol.

Comment

Congrats - Sounds like you got the best result out of anything possible - i think this happens a lot in brewery trade unfortunately.

I got sacked for "Gross Misconduct" by a new Manager over 20 years ago in what sounds like an exact same situation he let everyone go and employed his sister/friends/family

Took up grievance with ACAS (who unfortunately then were useless) then took it up with brewery. Eventually proved that there had been NO G.Misconduct (as there hadnt been) he had just sacked me cos he wanted sum1 else to do the job.

But they couldnt force the manager to re-employ me there (not that i would have) or anywhere else as it was down to individual managers re staff employment

Comment

Just to let you know this matter has now been settled out of court and I can not disclose the settlement.
                              I will say it is not enough for you all to start sending out begging letters :tung:

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                                I will say it is not enough for you all to start sending out begging letters :tung:
                                Could you at least lend me a tenner?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X