• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aplins Solicitors - don't recognise debt - lizjohn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aplins Solicitors - don't recognise debt - lizjohn

Hi folks,

Just joined so apologies if this is not the way to get a question answered?
    I had financial difficulties about 10 years ago took out a voluntary agreement to satisify creditors - about a year later I sold a house and repaid the outstanding debts. I have been debt free for well over 6 years now and have checked my credit history recently which now shows a good credit record. However I occasionally get 'fishing' expeditions from debt collection companies threatening legal action over alleged debts - normally in the same name as myself but have safely ignored these as being fraudulent. However I have now received a letter from an organsiation calling themselves APLINS Solicitors threatening to obtain a charging order for an alleged debt to Hillsden Securities Ltd (another debt collection agency) on my home. The debt in question is for £3552.65 which I do not recognise or accept is mine - what can I or should I do about it? Up to now I have ignored letters of this kind - any help greatefully received - John

Re: Aplins Solicitors - don't recognise debt - lizjohn

Hiya, I have moved your post to your own thread, just to make things simpler for finding and responding to the questions.

First thing to do is send them a prove it letter, which you can find ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum -have a read of the thread too - request a copy of the agreement, and evidence they are entitled to collect on it, whilst not acknowledging the debt in any way.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sounds like someone's having a

Mind you Hillsdens are well known for their Fantasies

Fire off a simple Prove It, as Ame says, for now and see what it turns up.
      Better to start quietly before hitting them with the BIG GUNS

Comment

Dont sign the SAR with your usual signature.

Comment

In fact DON'T send anything but the Prove It for now.
          Saves on possible confusion

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks - this one is worrying me - I will send them a prove it letter as per the advice! Tks John

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X