• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial

I have been constantly harassed by this company for months now. I have had dealings with them in the past and supposedly 'reached as agreement'. I payed £10 a month for a while and then got a phone call telling me that if I payed a reduced amount the debt would be cleared. At the time I owed around £400 and they wanted £250, so I gave my bank details and it was taken from my account. Now 2 years later, I am being phoned at all times of the day and being asked for 'security details' which I refuse to give over the phone. I have now received a letter - as promised - that I would be visited by a 'debt recovery agent'. Two problems with this; firstly, we can't afford to pay them - my wife receives disability living allowance and I am her carer, secondly, I can't find any proof of the deal that I did with them 2 years ago - who keeps that kind of paperwork for that length of time?
    What can I do?

Re: Cabot Financial

OK, even if you only made it verbally over the phone, you will probably find that THEY have a record of this. If not, then somebody has been very naughty and lied to you. SHOCK, HORROR!!!

So you need to get hold of everything, and you'll do this with a Statutory Access Request.

This SHOULD also turn up a copy of any agreement that you might have signed, but in all probability, Cabot won't have a copy. So you need to emphasise that you expect to see it when you write your SAR letter.

Get the account put into dispute, in writing and telling them that you will ONLY communicate in writing, straight away, using the info you have told us. They have 8 weeks to sort our complaint out, after which time you can register a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. Or when they send you a Final Notice in respect of your complaint, whichever comes first.

For a SAR template, check out here... http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...83&postcount=1

Just adapt as necessary, and if you need a help with it, just shout. And don't forget you'll need to send a £10 postal order as well.

If they get shirty about supplying an agreement under the SAR, you'll need to do a CCA request, which will cost £1. Don't worry... you'll get that back.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X