• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chalkitup v RBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalkitup v RBS

Hello,

Written so many letters to DCA's today that I am now having a brain malfunction.

Approximately three months ago I sent CCA request to RBS re credit card account ........ they responded with undated generic T&C's with my name and address typed at the top and a letter saying "true copy" of agreement and obviously quoting Carey (HHJ Waksman).

Like most of my accounts I have my own copy from years ago of the application form I signed and it is nothing like what they have sent me.

About a month ago Moorcroft started their threatograms ............. now that I have finally got round to this account I am going to send the "do not recognise what you have sent me + put in writing what you have sent is a true copy + no phone calls + no doorstep callers" letter ..................... but Who should I send it to now Moorcroft have become involved so suddenly? RBS or Moorcroft?

By the way ...... account was terminated in 2006 on the back of a DN that shows no date of when it was actually written/sent and only a date for when the action must be taken ......... When did DN's change from 7 to 14 days because with this one if I take the date of the accompanying letter they sent then it still does not give me 14 days to take action.

Thanks
    Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Re: Chalkitup v RBS

Originally posted by Chalkitup View Post

When did DN's change from 7 to 14 days because with this one if I take the date of the accompanying letter they sent then it still does not give me 14 days to take action.

Thanks
    1st October 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      1st October 2006.
      Luvvvvvvly Jubbbbbbly ....... DN was sent in Nov 2006
      Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

I have written to RBS and Moorcroft.

Is it worth doing a SAR to RBS now or shall I wait a while?
        Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Best to make a SAR sooner rather than later, as you will only be provided with data going back 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
            Best to make a SAR sooner rather than later, as you will only be provided with data going back 6 years.
            Hello Angry Cat,

But under the Data Protection Act there is no time limit for information requested ........ so do you mean the creditor will only send me six years worth of info and say they do not have to send me anything older?
            Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Hello Angry Cat,

But under the Data Protection Act there is no time limit for information requested ........ so do you mean the creditor will only send me six years worth of info and say they do not have to send me anything older?
              Chalkitup, it is nigh on impossible to obtain data further back than 6 years from RBS!

I even logged a complaint with the ICO re the matter, which was investigated.

Obtaining full data from the reckless bank is like pulling teeth...

Comment

Right ......... point taken and noted in my RBS log.

In that case I will not send a SAR at present because the account started many years ago and the DN I received with no date was in Nov 2006.
                I will wait for replies to the letters I have sent RBS and Moorcroft and then review situation.

Thank you,
                Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Chalkitup, you should make your SAR to the reckless bank.

I was only pointing out the difficulties to you that could be put up, in order to prevent you from obtaining data farther back then 6 years.

Under the Money Laundering Regulations, banks do have to keep records for much longer than 6 years. However, the Money Laundering Regs do not come under the remit of the ICO.
                  Last edited by Angry Cat; 7th August 2010, 22:06:PM. Reason: error

Comment

Yes ......... I had a rethink this evening and decided to send SAR after all.

RBS sent me nothing whatsoever in regards to this account between late 2006 and then suddenly after my CCA request to them approx two months ago they started sending me monthly statements again????????

I think I am right in saying that I should have received annual Arrears Notices for the last two years.
                    Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Yes ......... I had a rethink this evening and decided to send SAR after all.

RBS sent me nothing whatsoever in regards to this account between late 2006 and then suddenly after my CCA request to them approx two months ago they started sending me monthly statements again????????

I think I am right in saying that I should have received annual Arrears Notices for the last two years.
                      Good point, Chalkitup.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006...en_2#pb3-l1g10

Comment

Ok ..... I am confused again .......... :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

I have just looked in the thread:- Data Protection Act Addresses and found the following address to send my RBS credit card SAR to.........

FULL SAR; Data Protection Manager
                        Regulatory risk
                        2nd Floor, Business house B,
                        Gogarburn
                        PO Box 1000
                        Edinburgh EH12 1HQ
                        Dept code 45

(The address for RBS in the first post list is not as above but it is updated in a later post)

Now this where I am confused ...........

The above address is also given for Nat West

So ...... I have in dispute the following accounts:-

Natwest credit card
                        RBS credit card
                        Natwest personal bank account
                        Natwest business account BUT the trading as Chalkitup type .... not ltd etc

I did SAR for the two bank accounts in 2007 and have only received statements since .......... on going dispute and complaint in operation!!
                        I do not want to start complicating that dispute and complaint but should I have asked for my details for all four accounts in 2007 under one SAR?

Anyway ........ can I ask for everything that RBS and Natwest have on me for the two credit card accounts in one SAR request as same company and same address?

Thanks
                        Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Well, you could make one SAR requesting any and All historic data that relates to both cc's.

But, because RBS and N/West are separate legal entities, you could do better by making two SAR's.
                          I realise that this will be more costly, therefore, it does depend upon what you can afford.

Comment

OK ....... looking back at past SAR's I have sent I think I will keep them separate then less chance of confusion and "mistakes" being made by the banks!!

Thanks
                            Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Update ....

I have sent SAR to RBS

Also sent them "In Dispute" letter re their response to my CCA request.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is not about RBS but may raise a smile .......

I hope RBS reply is not as silly as the letter I received from Barclaycard this week re an "In Dispute" letter I sent them regarding their CCA response to me ....... you have to laugh .......

Their response to my request that they remove my telephone numbers from their systems so everything can be in writing because Mercers have telephoned me 45+ times in 21 days ... ...... "We note that you would like us to remove your phone numbers from our records so that we can not chase you for the debt" ..... Unreal ..... I never said anything about not chasing me for the debt.

As you can imagine they have only answered certain questions ......... no answer at all as to are they holding the original executed agreement that has my signature on.

Love these statements they are obviously now using ...... "Please note where a copy of an application form has been provided to you, this is not a complete copy but only page one because T&C's including prescribed terms would have been on the reverse at the time it was signed. Ha Ha Ha And that is immediately followed by another masterpiece of their's in response to the copy they sent being illegible ........ "Additionally, the document would have been easily legible at the time of signing".

Strangely they do not reply to my question about three different companies contacting me all at the same time and trying to collect on the account.
                              Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X