• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Big Thank You From A Homeless Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Thank You From A Homeless Girl

Today one of the homeless girls where I work asked to use the phone to ring her bank.
    While she was talking I realised she was complaining about a £38 charge taken from her account because of lack of funds for a standing order - her benefit was a day late going in.
    It was the second time she had rung about it. They had refused the day before but she was desperate so was trying again.
    £38 out of her £140 fortnightly benefit is a hell of a lot.

Anyway, while she was on the phone I told her it is actually illegal for them to take charges from benefits and she started repeating what I was saying. Saying she would send them details of the actual law.
    They told her that was not true and still refused. They said they could not overturn the decision already made the day before.
    I printed out the letter about reclaiming benefit charges and she rang yet again, quoting bits and saying" I really don't want to take this further, but I will. What you are doing is illegal".
    Because of the letter she had more confidence.
    They said yes!!
    She is overjoyed, and wanted me to say thank you to everyone here that has made it possible.
    So I have.
    A big thank you ....... :kiss:

Sally xxx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: A Big Thank You From A Homeless Girl

That makes everything so worthwhile doesn't it.

Shows theres a hell of a long way to go though - banks need to develop a concience msl: msl: msl:

Impossible task then :argh:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good for you Sal, see all the time you spend here is worthwhile!!!

Comment

Well done Sally!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X