• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Illegible CCA but going to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illegible CCA but going to court

Originally posted by maec View Post
    Im not sure how important this is but the document scanned in this thread has had a section added to it when reproduced in the court bundle.

The annotation is on the second page and states-

Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974
    Conditions
    Referred to on the back of the Egg Card as Prudential Banking plc VISA conditions of use

Is this important? Why would they add this?
    Egg was born out of Prudential's initial banking arm (Prudential Banking plc), that had been established in 1996. Egg itself was launched in 1998. I dont think its worth worrying about. Egg/Pru = same thing really. Maybe, if you typed out exactly what was written, they are going to bring up that the mention of the terms was on the back of the card.

Did you get your witness statements in ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Apologies for visiting over the road Amethyst and thank you for your help to date. I am indeed in court tomorrow (now today) and wouldnt be anywhere near as prepared without everyones help.

I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

lol, I wasn't having a go for it, just seeing if you needed any help as you seemed in a bit of a panic.

Best of luck today xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst and Co., I did indeed have my day in court today only for the matter to be adjourned til the new year Im afraid.

There was most definately a panic but with the assistance of a respected member of the forum, I was assisted greatly.

The adjournment was on points of disclosure mostly as my statement did go in late (because of Morgans inability to send docs from my request) and even though it was faxed and sent special delivery, Cabot/Morgans turned up unaware of its existence. The Judge was very helpful and the costs are to be adduced at the trial in Jan.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          I come home exhausted after it all only to find 3 letters from DCA's at my door.....so it looks like there will be a new thread starting very soon.

Hey ho!
          Last edited by maec; 10th November 2010, 14:57:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by maec View Post
            I come home exhausted after it all only to find 3 letters from DCA's at my door.....
            Sorry to hear that. Its relentless. But one step at a time. I am personally encouraged and strengthened by people like you that fight this every step of the way. Keep it up - and don't let the b4stards grind you down!
            DS

Comment

Good, well done. Is it adjourned for the legible docs ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Glad to hear that you lived to fight on another day!

X

Comment

Thanks Angry, Ame and Mr. Star.

The legible doc has been requested....again.

Comment

This may be of interest also as it relates to a fine for
                    The following breaches have been identified:
                    (1)
                    Egg failed to take reasonable care to establish and maintain a sales process which ensured that customers were treated fairly;
                    (2)
                    approximately 40% of Egg’s telephone sales of credit card PPI failed to comply with the Principles for one or more of the following reasons:
                    (a)
                    failing to obtain clear consent to the purchase of the policy;
                    (b)
                    failing to obtain clear and explicit consent from the customer to proceed with the sale on the basis of limited information only;
                    (c)
                    inappropriate handling of customers’ objections to purchasing PPI, over-emphasising customers’ ability to cancel the policy in the initial free period, and in some cases putting undue pressure on customers to purchase PPI; and
                    (d)
                    failing to give adequate responses to customers’ queries on the price of, or exclusions applicable to, PPI policies, and in some cases providing information that was inaccurate;
                    (3)
                    Egg failed to establish and maintain adequate monitoring procedures, failed to ensure that all relevant management information was escalated to enable the firm to identify problems with the sale of credit card PPI in a timely manner, and did not take effective action to improve its sales processes as a result of information which was escalated.
                    During the Relevant Period Egg sold over 106,000 credit card PPI policies at an average cost to each customer of approximately £156, earning Egg gross premium income of approximately £16.7 million. Egg’s failures therefore created an
                    unacceptable risk of it treating a substantial number of customers unfairly when selling them PPI policies. Egg’s failures continued for almost three years.
                    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/egg.pdf

Comment

Any up date on this please,

A very intesting thread but just comes to abrupt halt.

Comment

I wonder what happened!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X