• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orange Home Broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Home Broadband

Feeling a bit foolish with this one.........

Does anyone remember my epic battle with Talk Talk??!! The one where my other half had to book into a hotel to be able to work!!

In the period between me leaving Talk Talk and returning to BT, I used Orange Home broadband on a monthly £14.99 basis. I set up my account in July 06 and cancelled it when I was sorted with BT on 1/11/06......or so I thought

Only today when I received a letter from Orange informing me they were upgrading my broadband 'at no extra cost'!! yippeeeee....NOT:devil:

I rang and they confirmed that I had indeed cancelled my account on the 1/11/06 but I had not cancelled the second 'ghost' account that had mysteriously appeared on the same day I opened my original account, for the same phone line......... GRRRR

Well its obvious innit, one broadband account was clearly not enough so I bought 2!!!

They have been taking payments from a little used mastercard and I hadn't realised what was going on because I have an Orange contract mobile phone and assumed it was something to do with that....not that I had checked properly to be honest.

£225 has been taken in total and they are only offering me £100 back despite the fact that they concede the account has never been used at all.

I'm thinking a quick LBA then whack in a claim.....just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to the arguments I could use.

Cheers in advance
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Re: Orange Home Broadband

I would use the "you're a bunch of monkeys" defence

It's obviously their mistake, I'd write to them with just a request for payment, give them 7 days, then LBA and a further 7 days. Give them a chance to settle the matter before you threaten them.

I can't see them having ANY defence what so ever for that!

JMO

Comment

Nor me Matt, even the helpful guy 'Michael' in the 'Escalations' department said he was shocked they were being so unhelpful. He thought I'd get a full refund.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I'm amazed they even had the audacity to offer you £100, shocking!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X