• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

setting for 3g i phone from china

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting for 3g i phone from china

my friend gave me an i phone 3g i99 mobile for my son coz I couldnt afford to buy him one and she had that fone in her drawer and didnt use it coz it was too complicated she said. I am very grateful for the fone and my son can use it to make calls and text so thats fine

He wants to access internet on it but cant so I phoned 02 and they tried sendin settins but it came up as unrecognised...... They said its cause its from china and basically a copy of an apple i phone so they dont have settins for it and dont know where we could get them.

Does anyone know where we could get the settings or let me know if its possible to get the settings?

thanx

Re: setting for 3g i phone from china

can anyone help me with this

Comment

Re: setting for 3g i phone from china

i dont know much about the i99 or what os it runs, but in most clone GSM/GPRS/UMTS phones (as the i99 is) you need to specify the APN - settings the operator send will not be understood. the place to specify this will be buried in the settings, under data or mobile networks or similar

The settings for o2 are

PAYG:

Apn: payandgo.o2.co.uk
      username: vertigo
      password: password

Contract is:

Apn: mobile.o2.co.uk
      username: vertigo
      password: password

the 'true' iphone settings howto is here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-...%29,CASE=19044
      Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X