• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SCS sofas anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCS sofas anyone?

Just wanted to know really if anyone has had any dealings with these guys? I got a sofa on int free credit, was delivered last year in july, since then they have been out to replace the leather covering on the three seater sofa as the laquer (?) was faulty and began to peel. The same thing is happening again now its out of warranty, i rang up to see if it was insured, apparently not because its a manufacturing fault... thanks to my obsession with this site, i wrote a letter and they are coming out to assess the damage...

what do you think my chances are of demanding a new suite?

xxx
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Re: SCS sofas anyone?

hey loulou,

do you still have any copies from when the fault first started....plus if its a manufacturing fault they should give you a new sofa to the ammount that one was....

Comment

Pretty damn good actually.

The warranty is irrelevant and is offered in addition to your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Under the Act, the retailer is responsible for faulty goods (that are not 'of satisfactory quality' and 'fit for their purpose') for up to six years after you bought them.

Do not settle for anything less than a full and complete refund or replacement. Your rights do weaken over time, but as this is relatively new, being only just over a year old and the fault occurred some time ago and one repair has already failed, I would dig my heels in if I were you.

Comment

ooooh its exciting!!! yay, when blokey comes to make his assessment Ill write and tell them I want a new one... I am bored of this one anyway...pmsl

xx

Comment

tell the blokey when he turns up. you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979
          exactly wot cetelco said.
          did you say they have already admitted it being a manufacturing fault? if so then
          he he he, tough luck on them.
          if it's on finance, you could alway go through the creditor
          Last edited by thephoenix; 27th September 2007, 13:15:PM. Reason: rubbish spelling ;-(

Comment

yes it is on finance but i dont want them to refund what i have paid and remove the sofas and leave with me nothing, i am not in any postition to get a new one, could this happen? am i within my rights to demand that they change the whole suite? its leather so if they change one the other is likely to be a different shade of brown... can i refuse a repair on the grounds that a repair didnt fix the sofa last time?

tell me exactly what i can do please.

xx

Comment

i got leathers from same place and my law tutor told me that under consumer law you are actually protected for 5 years on a purchase like that as we had a problem with ours.....However I never followed it up as something else came up at the time that was more important and it was left as it was.Cet is right..failing that ruthie tell them I will come round and kick their heads in mate if they dont sort it out.

Comment

Hi Loulou
                I had a bad time with Dreams, we had a long drawn out letter issue and phone calls, basically the bedsette was sold as a bed settee.

they tried to say its not for every day use, its for a spare room, ok where does it say that on your sales ticket?:rolleyes:

anyway long story short, the surveyor was actually a good guy, he said most definitely it has the wrong layers of stuffing etc etc:

We had money back and they took it away.

I think you may be disappointed, as they can offer to fix it, usually first port of call, and if that doesn't work they can refund and take it back. But what i would try and do before agreeing that point is force a letter out of customer service for a large % off another settee from them due to the inconvenience and the fact you haven't saved for another settee as you had just! purchased one.

Also , they may put you on the same payment plan again but if % of you will have less to pay. i certainly wouldn't let them off lightly.
                Pam

Comment

But it's already been repaired once and that repair has now failed.

If they have admitted a manufacturing fault, then this clearly demonstrates that it is not 'of satisfactory quality' and 'fit for their purpose' and must be replaced. If they cannot replace them then they must refund you. Although they may suggest a partial refund to reflect the use you have had during the time you have owned them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X