• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Ex-Employer witholding wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Employer witholding wages

Hello all. I am new here so please be gentle.
    I will keep this as breif as poss.

I have been very ill recently in and out of hospital, operations etc which obviously meant time off work of which my employer was informed the same day as I was rushed to hospital. I ended up having 5 weeks off sick during which time I recieved no payments from the company (no SSP or outstanding monies).
    At the end of my 5th week my employer contacted me and asked if I could come in and help out just at the weekends and he promised I would only have to do light duties. I agreed.
    So I was working Sat & Sun as instructed by my boss whilst awaiting my second operation and worked a total of 2 full weekends and a sunday = 5 days of which I still wasn't paid any money.
    The monday morning I contacted my boss and explained that I hadn't been paid any money for 9 weeks and that I would need some money ASAP. He said he would call me back later that day once he has sorted it out.

In the afternoon he called me up and told me he has sent me a payment out in the post; he went on to say that the company is struggling and he has to dismiss 8 people from the company of which I am one. I was annoyed of course but what could I do.

A couple of days later I applied to the benefits office and explained what had happened and they told me that I should be paid a weeks notice and my outstanding holday pay and recieve my P45 and would also need my last 5 weeks payslips (never recieved any?)

I asked my boss for these they said "I am not entitled to anything and they sent me a letter asking why I was only attending work at weekends and not doing my normal 5 days"?

After several letters I got in touch with ACAS who spoke to the company on my behalf and asked them to pay me up and today I recieved a cheque for £300.00 which is less than half of what is owed.

I am thinking about going to a tribunal but wanted some advice first as it seems they are trying it on so to speak and I know that is how they operate anyway.
    Can anyone offer up some advice as I am at the end of my tether with this lot.
    Thanks for reading.

Re: Ex-Employer witholding wages

Shameful bump

Comment

Send a Letter Before Action requesting the final payment or you will commence court action.

Comment

LBA sent now. Thanks for your help. :-)

Comment

This one has proved startlingly effective for me more than once.

Dear Sirs

Please handle this as a grievance

On DATE I made a formal written request to you for my final payslip and P45 document, as of todays' date I have not yet received these.

I feel I must now remind you that you have a legal obligation to provide these documents to me.

If I do not now receive my final payslip and P45 document within seven (7) days of the date of this email, I will have no choice but to file for an Employment Tribunal to recover them for me, as well as any monies outstanding.

I await your response.
          Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X