• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice relating to PG enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice relating to PG enforcement

New to the forum so any advice would be highly appreciated;

My previous business was as a private mortgage broker trading as a limited company and was part of an umbrella organisation who collected the fees I earnt and forwarded them on to me.

Upon joining up with the umbrella firm I was given an agency agreement and an associated deed of guarantee (PG to sign)
    I was pressured at the time to get these signed however as there were some issues I was unhappy with I wrote to the company explaining that I would sign the documents but that neither the agreement nor the PG would be given start dates until the issues were sorted and certain clauses deleted.
    Currently the umbrella company are attempting to enforce the PG to the tune of £10,000 however the PG states the following:

" The agreement to which the guarantee relates means the agreement dated <Blank> between the contractor and beneficiary"

In addition the agency agreement itself states:

" The start date for this agreement shall be : <Blank>"

My question is wether either of these agreements are enforceable in their current state?

Many thanks in advance

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X