• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassed By Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassed By Bailiffs

Hi!
    I Need Help I Am Being Harassed By Jacobs Bailiffs For A Debt That Is Not Mine. My Father Owed Council Tax On A Rented Property Which He Left And Moved In To My House For A Few Months Which He Has Since Left.
    Three Months Ago A Bailiff Turned Up On My Doorstep Demanding Payment When I Told Him That My Father Didn't Live At The Address Bailiff Wasn't Interested And Said The Debt Had To Be Paid.
    When Asked How He Got My Address Would'nt Give An Answer.
    Then He Left Thought That Was The End Of The Matter But He Turned Up A Further 2 Times Demanding More Money And Saying Next Time He Came He Would Seize My Goods, I Rang Council To Tell Them That My Father Had Nothing To Do With My Property Said They Would Sort It Out.
    In The Meantime The Debt Was Paid So Thought End Of It. Yet Came Home Today To Find A Letter Saying Debt Still Out Standing And That I Had 24hrs To Pay Or A Van And Porters Were Coming To Take Goods Rang Bailiff Told Them Debt Not Mine And That It Had Been Paid Anyway Said He Would Look In To It But I'm Worried As To Where I Stand.

Re: Harassed By Bailiffs

Does your father owe this council tax or not?

You need to have a read of this guide Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum this will give you further information and if you have any more questions, then just post back.

Comment

No My Father Paid The Debt After The First Visit From Bailiff.

Comment

The good old '24 HOUR NOTICE'....always worked a treat!!! lol

If the debt has been paid then chances are that they may just be chasing unpaid fees, was the original debt paid direct to the council?

If it was then the bailiff fees may not have been paid, so they will try it on. However, I've yet to meet one council that will back the bailiff in trying to recover his fees when the council have got their money!!

Write to Simon Jacobs at their head office and explain that this debt is not yours, and you will take legal action for harrasment and tresspass if his goons...sorry I mean bailiffs, return to your property again. Send the letter by recorded delivery and point out that they have no legal right under the law to be at your property once established that the debtor does not live there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X