• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

~~ Autumn meet - Nottingham - Sat 16th October 2010 ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~~ Autumn meet - Nottingham - Sat 16th October 2010 ~~

Wahayyyyyy I'm good for that date, so come on where we staying ?

Sorry about the other dates but I've got extensive dental work starting next month and have had to book the (saturday) appointments months in advance.

Comment

just checked and I can get a day return for £14.10, cheaper and easier than driving and the last train is 9.30pm so that would give me a decent amount of drinking time:tinysmile_twink_t2:
      Is no longer here

Comment

Re: LB Autumn Meet

Here's a guide of pubs/clubs/bars/hotels available in the Centre of Nottingham, Nottingham pub guide - information about pubs and bars in Nottingham # beerintheevening.com

Personally I think if we decide on a hotel, then work out whats nearest and make that our venue.

If anyone wants a Wetherspoons (cheap drinks, but can be noisy) then it seems there's one there too.
        or if we all decide on a more sedate pub (we can liven it up ourselves lol) then we can investigate that possibility.

Of course we must consider the food option too and remember to consider peoples spending etc.

Any thoughts ?

Comment

Re: Autumn meet - Nottingham

Just a thought where in Nottingham are we all meeting ( name of pub)? just so that I know where we are heading for.

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Legal Beagles Autumn 2010 meet will be 16th October, Nottingham.
          A list of hotels is going to follow, as is travel info, thanks to all for your input.
          Enaid xx

Premier Inns http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHo...execute.action
          Late Rooms http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv...016&n=1&rt=2-0

Travel Lodge http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_a...=290&default=1
          Holiday Inn
          http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/gb/e...elsearchresult

ThetrainLine http://www.thetrainline.com/buyticke...MiBu8msi6MCFUM
          B4wodzmECbw
          National Express Coach travel http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach...paign=Generics

Map of Nottingham http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...M87OjAehspTzCQ

Comment

I'll go anywhere there's a bar and food, preferably cheap bar and lots of food, but then I have very simple tastes lol xx
            Is no longer here

Comment

A quieter place sounds ideal for everyone to meet up and have and perhaps where they have good bar food so that everyone is together for the afternoon/evening. Just looked at the reviews of some of the pubs and it really is just picking the one that is nearest to the hotel, so chose a hotel first for those who are staying and then we can find a suitable pub.

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
              Here's a guide of pubs/clubs/bars/hotels available in the Centre of Nottingham, Nottingham pub guide - information about pubs and bars in Nottingham # beerintheevening.com

Personally I think if we decide on a hotel, then work out whats nearest and make that our venue.

If anyone wants a Wetherspoons (cheap drinks, but can be noisy) then it seems there's one there too.
              or if we all decide on a more sedate pub (we can liven it up ourselves lol) then we can investigate that possibility.

Of course we must consider the food option too and remember to consider peoples spending etc.

Any thoughts ?
              Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th July 2010, 11:25:AM.

Comment

Yes I agree Tuts about hotel first and then work round that or even railway station.
                Don't think many are staying over from what I have read I will be and sappy I think.

Comment

How about the Cock and Hoop ?

It seems to have a few good write ups about it, I think it has rooms too.

Comment

Well this has rooms, food, drink and is reasonable imo, it is close to everything and it says there is parking close by.

http://www.aboutbritain.com/hotels/_...tayNoOfRooms=1

Comment

Looks good to me hun, have we any idea on numbers yet ?

Comment

How about the Cock and Hoop ?

It seems to have a few good write ups about it, I think it has rooms too.
                        Oh good , pmsl afternoon tea is £11.95

Comment

Looks good to me hun, have we any idea on numbers yet ?

Sappy it has taken me 3 months to get a date, I can only go back and count how many same as any one else lol
                          Think it is.
                          Me
                          You
                          Mr & Mrs Tuts
                          Ame & Tools
                          Wends
                          Exc maybe

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Oh good , pmsl afternoon tea is £11.95
                            FFS since when have you started taking afternoon tea then ?

Sappy it has taken me 3 months to get a date, I can only go back and count how many same as any one else lol
                            Think it is.
                            Me
                            You
                            Mr & Mrs Tuts
                            Ame & Tools
                            Wends
                            Exc maybe

Point taken perhaps we should meet up in a small pub then rofl.

Comment

I have just checked ticket price and times and I can get a return for £16 with no changes.
                              I will not get beter thn that so need to know I won't be on my own if I book it :beagle:

Comment

We will be there Enaid, but we will drive there. Which hotel have you booked?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X