• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

9-10 year old aktiv capital debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9-10 year old aktiv capital debt

Originally posted by righty View Post
    Payments made AFTER limitation expires DO NOT restart the clock. Payments made BEFORE do

Debt Factsheets - Liability for Debts and the Limitation Act
    Err? We know that.

Read back, as that wasn't what was being discussed.
    Last edited by Nibbler; 18th September 2010, 10:20:AM.

Comment

Really what about your post no. 26

Comment

Really what about your post no. 26
        Which refers to your claims that you can claim back any payments that you may have made after the debt would have become statute barred.

Nothing at all to do with when payments will/won't restart the SB clock!

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
          Which refers to your claims that you can claim back any payments that you may have made after the debt would have become statute barred.

Nothing at all to do with when payments will/won't restart the SB clock!
          That was not my point If you read the link you will note that out of time debts are unenforceable even if you have made payments after the deadline they are described as a 'mistake' & do not restart the clock

Also you could try to reclaim out of time payments as they can be considered as undue enrichment of the creditor

Comment

That was not my point If you read the link you will note that out of time debts are unenforceable even if you have made payments after the deadline they are described as a 'mistake' & do not restart the clock
            We all know that.

Also you could try to reclaim out of time payments as they can be considered as undue enrichment of the creditor
            Please provide an example where someone has done this.

Which if you read back properly, is what post 26 is you to substantiate.
            Last edited by Nibbler; 18th September 2010, 14:15:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
              We all know that.

Please provide an example where someone has done this.

Which if you read back properly, is what post 26 is you to substantiate.
              No you do it I can't be bothered & if you don't accept what I state then don't

Comment

Guys how is this squabbling helping the OP?

Either there is eviddence or there isn't. If there is just please post it and put an end to this because it's helping no-one and just making LB look as bad as another site I could mention.
                Is no longer here

Comment

No you do it I can't be bothered & if you don't accept what I state then don't
                  No I don't. Not without evidence.

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                  Guys how is this squabbling helping the OP?

Either there is eviddence or there isn't. If there is just please post it and put an end to this because it's helping no-one and just making LB look as bad as another site I could mention.
                  Sorry. Eeek. Never that bad.

Just trying to get to the bottom of things.

May not help the OP, but you never know it's something that could help someone else if shown to be true.

Comment

Simple Google 'undue enrichment' & you'll find plenty of 'evidence'

Comment

Simple Google 'undue enrichment' & you'll find plenty of 'evidence'
                      I have, and have found nothing to support your claims whatsoever.

Please provide some links where people have genuinely claimed the money back on statute barred debts.

If you are so sure that this is correct, then surely you have verifiable evidence to back you up?

Comment

Hi all ( new here)

Got the same letter about two months ago, ignored the first then sent them a prove it letter or you pay up letter !!
                        They ignored ( failed to reply to my letter) and sent another demand so i invoiced them £120 for my time and costs replying. Funny they ignored that too and sent another demand so i invoiced them another £120 and reminded them they already had an outstanding amount. Got a third demand today.
                        I'm about to invoice them again for another £120 giving 21 days to pay before i take them to the small claims court . I'll keep you all posted if your interested

Ps heres the letter by default that each communications costs them.
                        ( not sure if this is the way to do it, but it's my way)

Ixxxx xxxxd
                        xxxxxxxx Rd
                        Rxxxxxl
                        Sxxxxx

I have find your letter offensive and upsetting, you have failed to reply to my previous letter asking you to justify such debt and why you think i owe it?
                        You have also failed to answer your phones and reply to messages left.

I am ' hereby giving you formal notice that by sending me each and subsequent letters, phone calls, visits or harrassment in any form from your company or assiociates, third parties, employees or anyone acting on your behalf, you are agreeing to pay the sum of £120 per contact ( contact in the form and not withstanding letters, phone calls, visits and/or harrassment ).

If your actions have an adverse impact on my credit rating i will see recompence seperately and my time will be charged at £150 per hour excluding costs plus remedy.

Seeing as you have divested me of my time and mental health, your agreed sum ( less my costs) will go to a mental health charity of my choice.

Regards

Ixxxxxx xxxxxxd

Comment

Like your spirit BBB. Wish I'd thought of that when they were chasing us for a non-exsistant debt. Love to see how it turns out for you. Please keep us informed.

PS. If they don't pay i suppose you could set a DCA on them!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X