• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child Access Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Access Query

Hi there,

Just after some advice please.

I have been seeing a man for a couple of months now, and he has taken his wife to court to try and gain regular access to his son. After 2 days in court and a hefty sum paid to his lawyer of around £7000 he has told me that he has only been granted 2 hours per week access with his 3 year old son.

He will not tell me the cirumstances of his divorce.

Would there be a particular reason as to why he has been granted so little time with his son? People I have spoken to seem to think that this is unusual and he must have done something pretty bad to get so little access.

Would appreciate any help as I do not want to enter a relationship with somebody who I shouldn't be trusting.

Thanks all.

Alpen.

Re: Child Access Query

Originally posted by Alpen1981 View Post
    Hi there,

I have been seeing a man for a couple of months now, and he has taken his wife to court to try and gain regular access to his son. After 2 days in court and a hefty sum paid to his lawyer of around £7000 he has told me that he has only been granted 2 hours per week access with his 3 year old son.

He will not tell me the cirumstances of his divorce.

Would there be a particular reason as to why he has been granted so little time with his son? People I have spoken to seem to think that this is unusual and he must have done something pretty bad to get so little access.

Would appreciate any help as I do not want to enter a relationship with somebody who I shouldn't be trusting.

Thanks all.

Alpen.
    Hello there and welcome.

Others will be able to offer legal advice on divorce and access issues, I can't.

On a personal note, I think you have hit the nail on the head by saying you don't want to enter a relationship with somebody you don't trust and you mention the important fact that he won't tell you the circumstances of the divorce.

That perhaps does not bode well and you should maybe trust your instincts. As I said, my contribution is only based on lifes experiences, not on legal knowledge of divorce.

He could well be telling the truth, but on the other hand, he's not being open with you.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpen1981 View Post
      Hi there,

I have been seeing a man for a couple of months now, and he has taken his wife to court to try and gain regular access to his son. After 2 days in court and a hefty sum paid to his lawyer of around £7000 he has told me that he has only been granted 2 hours per week access with his 3 year old son. Not terribly unusual, but definitely on the harsh side not to get over night access at least once a week. Has there been a long gap since the split and the child has become settled with mum? Sounds like he was pretty determined if he fought it to court. He could have been deemed disruptive or unsupportive of mum; who would have residency of the child it seems.

He will not tell me the cirumstances of his divorce. That's the really worrying bit....he tells you how much he has paid in legal fees but wont discuss anything about the case or divorce at all???

Would there be a particular reason as to why he has been granted so little time with his son? People I have spoken to seem to think that this is unusual and he must have done something pretty bad to get so little access. Unlikely to be something really bad, otherwise his access to the child would be supervised, but doesn't necessarily exclude domestic violence against mum, so be careful

If he won't discuss it, then either a/ he has something to hide or b/ is so messed up following his split, he is NOT ready for a new relationship.
      So, try talking calmly, if he blocks you or gets cross or makes you feel uneasy about the subject, then my sincere advice would be to steer well clear

Thanks all.

Alpen.
      Best of luck
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi again, thanks for your comments.

They have been seperated for over 2 years. His ex wife and son now live with his ex wife's parents.

I have tried to ask him what happened but he just says it's a long story & doesn't want to talk about it.

As for being unsupportive this could be a reason as he is always extremely busy with his work and it pretty much takes up every day and evening of his time as he is self employed.

Also something else which doesn't add up is that he says his divorce went through 6 months ago yet I have been told by others that a divorce can only be granted once the child access has been sorted out, and once any assets/ liabilities have been settled. His ex wife still jointly owns the house with him so does this mean that his divorce can't have gone through yet?

Thanks for your help again.

Alpen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X