• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax CC reconstituted CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax CC reconstituted CCA

Hi need some advice please. Did a s78 cca request for the OH's Halifax credit card a couple of weeks ago and they replied with 'a reconstituted version of the executed agreement comprising bothe the original and currecnt terms and conditions (these were printed seperate sheets) and a copy of the original signed application form together with a signed statement of account'.

I am aware that they have satified their obligation as they have provided 'a' copy, however, it does not include any of the prescribed terms ie. Credit Limit, Repayment schedule, Lenders signature. The agreement was made Sept 06.

What should be my response? Should I SAR so that they have to provide the actual true signed copy? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Halifax CC reconstituted CCA

Halifax are a slimy bunch they sent me a reconstruct then I found my original copy the words fraud attempting to pervert the course of justice forgery etc spring to mind. The reconstruct was a cut and paste.My original is unenforceable where do I go next I want to do the maximum amount of damage to them.

Comment

stay quiet and let them take you to court- include in your defence a positive assertion that what they claim is aa true copy of the original agreement is nothing of the sort -- and on the day of the trial- turn up with your original agreement which you spent all night searching your loft for

that should well and truly f *** them up

Comment

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post
        Hi need some advice please. Did a s78 cca request for the OH's Halifax credit card a couple of weeks ago and they replied with 'a reconstituted version of the executed agreement comprising bothe the original and currecnt terms and conditions (these were printed seperate sheets) and a copy of the original signed application form together with a signed statement of account'.

I am aware that they have satified their obligation as they have provided 'a' copy, however, it does not include any of the prescribed terms ie. Credit Limit, Repayment schedule, Lenders signature. The agreement was made Sept 06.

What should be my response? Should I SAR so that they have to provide the actual true signed copy? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

You could ask them if they hold the original under CPUTR 2008. They then have to tell you.

Comment

OFT guidelines also stipulate that they must inform you if they don't have an original so utilise that and presume they dont (or they'd have surely sent it within the SAR)....

I don't think have the banks/dca's out there quite "grasp" CPUTR lol

Comment

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post

You should sar so that you get your opening statement and can therefore check that the prescribed terms in the reconstruction are accurate.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X