• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finance company nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance company nightmare

Purchased a Van in September 2006, financed by Advantage finance , att he time they added every insurance option available PPI, Mechanical Breakdown, RAC, GAp of which i knew nothing about and never gave any indication of need ing them, having read the policies die to my occupation as a courier, non of the policicies covered me for anything, so they agreed to reduce my repayment by cancelling the polices but did refund any of the premuims already paid.

Last September a Balance of £1487.50 was owed having piad, £3672.50 on repayments, but because my courier company ceased trading due to the reccession, I was able to keep up with my repayments, so I was told that they would repossess the van , (which by getting a court order happened in January), I was in a posistion to sell the van in September for the full £1487.50 to a local company, who was prepared to pay off the loan , but Advantage decided that they would make more money out opf me by, taking it to court and charging me the repossession fess court fess etc and have now a judgement for £1870 (of which no indication of how they came to that figure is indicated what so ever ) I am in no , posistion to pay that as they deemed me unemployed by taking away my vehicle for working, so i willl have to pay them monthly, I belive ethe finance company have exploited every avenue to make money, and i would really like to challenge them but do not know the way forward.

Re: Finance company nightmare

Did you reply to the court papers or is this a default judgment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X