• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sued by claimant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sued by claimant

For a bit of history see Unenforceable agreement question. - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum.
    I have accepted the amount claimed but not all the charges. Basically I did a request under S78/79 and the finance company sent me the copy of the agreement only but never sent anything else. They then had a summons issued against me although they had not supplied all the info.
    In my opinion as they had not complied with the S78/79 request the summons should never had been issued and I filed a defence. I then issued a "Subject Access Request" and once again they never sent all the details like a copy of the "Terms & conditions" in the SAR which was late anyway. After pointing this out to their solicitor they complied.
    On advice from this forum I then dropped my defence and did an admission of guilt for the outstanding amount but not the court and solicitor costs which had increased from £200 to £525. If I had been supplied with all the relevant information as per my S78/79 request I woudl never have incurred these additional costs.
    As a result of this a hearing has been scheduled for June, but I can come to an agreement with the solicitor and continue paying at the same rate I have been paying, but for the outstanding amount plus all the additional costs.
    Do I have a valid objection to these additional costs becasue their client never submitted all the information as required under S78/79? I was under the impression that in addition to a copy of the agreement, copies of the T & C should have been included plus an up to date statement.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X