• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HALIFAX V CARTEL section 75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALIFAX V CARTEL section 75

Hi,
    I was persuaded to use my credit card to pay Cartel.
    As cartel are no longer trading I have wrote to Halifax with a section 75 letter but have had no response back over 28 days.

My question is.
    1. Are they bound to give me a full refund?
    2. Should they pay me back the interest?
    3. Should they pay my admin costs etc?
    4. Because I used the credit card as deposit are other payments covered?
    I.e. switch payment.

Regards,
    Rich.

Re: HALIFAX V CARTEL section 75

As far as I know, they are only bound to return the money actually spent on the credit card. If you paid the rest by switch and the switch is a visa, you may also have a claim with visa debit on a thing called chargeback.

shell.

Comment

Hi got letter from Halifax stating the following

please supply copies of invoices terms and conditions and any corespondence.

I have no invoices but i do have the statements with the transactions.
      I have no terms and conditions as these were not issued.
      I am unable to correspond with the merchant as it has ceased to trade.

How will i possably make a claim?

Any advice appreciated.

Rich.

Comment

I would just send them copies of your statements with the transactions highlighted and a letter explaining the lack of the rest.

When did you sign up with Cartel? Has Gordons got in touch with you to ask what to do with your paperwork?

shell.

Comment

Hi,

Yes i have three out of seven.

The rep wants me to pass them to Grass roots. I dont think so.

Could i continue the claims myself?

Comment

Whatever you do, don't go near Grassroots. Grassroots is being run out of the same office as Cartel by Eric Webb who was one of Carl Wright's inner circle.

If you have some of the paperwork back from Gordons it should help with your credit card claim, explain to the bank what you have. Let them understand that what you have paid Cartel to do hasn't been done as the unfinished work has been returned to you.

As for continuing with your claims, I would imagine you would need to seek the advice of some of our more learned friends here.

shell.

Comment

Hi,

I have battled with 3 or 4 letters to Halifax now and hey presto an offer.

Full refund of moneys paid out to Cartel. No interest and No admin charge.

Not going to be greedy and have accepted.

Just greatfull to get money back.

Cheers,

Rich.

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Great job - well done

Comment

I have put a claimb in to Halifax Credit card for refund of CARTEL fees and after persistant comunication,i have been offered and credited a FULL refund of fees and Intrest.
                    I in total received £3300
                    Its taken just under 3 months but its been worth the letters and phone calls!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X