• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with N149 Allocation Questionnaire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with N149 Allocation Questionnaire

Please could someone help me with a N149 Allocation Questionaire, I have looked through a lot of threads but dont know what is the right response to G other information.

The claim is from Howard Cohen I sent them a CPR 31.14 request a while ago but they haven't replied so don't think they have a CCA.

The account no they quoted was for a store card with Debenhams which was taken out a very long time ago, the last statement I had I owed them under £200 the claim is for over £400 and it was with GL Finance not Santander I dont remember having anything from Santander about this.

I put in an embarrassed defence on the claim form and now have to get the N149 in court by tomorrow.

thanks for any help

Re: Help with N149 Allocation Questionnaire

Use this and edit to suit.

Section G

I wish to draw the Court’s attention to the abuse of process that I believe exists in bringing this case:-

a) It is contrary to the OFT Debt Collection Guidance - Examples of Unfair Practices 2.8 (k) states “not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt. This account has been in dispute since 10th March 2007 and as such should not have been “assigned” to *********.

b) I have received only vague templated correspondence in which it is stated that ************* have been assigned this alleged debt by ********. No proof of absolute assignment has been received or subsequently supplied as is required by and needed to comply with Law of Property Act 1925 s136(1) in order for ********** to action this alleged debt in this manner.

c) Other documentation relied upon by ********** and requested by me pursuant to CPR 18 remains outstanding as of today's date **********. Without full disclosure and compliance with CPR, I am unable to prepare a defence to the documents which the Claimant will be seeking to rely upon, nor can I reasonably consider what case I have to answer.

d) Court action was commenced contrary not only to the overriding objectives of CPR but also specifically CPR pre-action protocols 4.1 – 4.10 and as such the time of the court is now being taken up needlessly.

I believe that the points raised above show that the Claimant is given to malicious and vexatious litigation. It is therefore respectfully requested that the Court strike out this case as a clear abuse of process.

Comment

Thank you so much for that, I have completed the AQ and submitted it to the courts.

I thought I should send a cca request who should I send it to ? GE MONEY OR SANTANDER OR CL FINANCE.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Heard back from courts this week, with a standard order for stay for settlement with consent of all the parties.
        I sent CPR letter to Cohens about a month ago but never got a reply. Telephoned the courts last week to ask if they had heard from them said that Cohens had sent in AQ.

So what happens now?? thanks for any help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X