• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT

I was checking an invoice from BT today for one of my new clients and noticed that it had a one off charge of £252 on it as well as a charge for £4.50 for a processing charge for paying by cheque.

I telephoned and after being passed from pillar to post I ended up in India.

The bottom line was that they are now refunding this amount plus VAT.They tell me that this contract was taken out in 2002 and this amount was to cover £500 worth of calls. Well this client took the calls away from them in 2003 so why were they still charging for this? I will now have to do some research and if I find they have charged each year since 2003, and they did not have the calls, I will have their guts for garters.

I am still not happy about the £4.50 processing fee and will consider my next move on this as there are at least 6 bills each quarter at £4.50 a throw and makes £27 and goodness knows how long this has been going on.

The moral of the story is CHECK EVERY BILL AND QUERY EVERYTHING, as sure as eggs are eggs they will have made mistakes.

DS
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 17th September 2007, 22:09:PM. Reason: spelling

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X