• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WendyB - v Citicards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WendyB - v Citicards

Thanks Enaid, will just have to wait and see what happens, they might just tell me to bugger off and not offer anything, in which case I'd just have to make the effore and sue 'em lol. But after the latest episode with Natwest (see TonyB v natwest credit card) I could do without any more hassle and time wasting crap from the banks. Got better things to spend my time on....if I could only remeber what they were!
    Is no longer here

Comment

See in the flip of a thread lol look how things are changing, I wouldn't mind betting you go all the way with these too lol Enaid xx

Comment

Received what i think is an acknowledgement from Citi, saying it would have been sooner but for the postal strike. Basically it says they'll give me a written update within 10 days, and also that " 80% of Section 75 claims to be renedied within 21 days, subject to verification". Can anyone tell me what Section 75 is? I've searched but nothing comes up. There is a phone number on the letter but I don't want to ring and ask them cos it'll make me look thick.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Just found section 75 of the consumer credit act, don't think its relevant anyway, seems to be if there's a claim agianst goods bought on credit card or something like that. Might as well just send my LBA I think.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Finally got round to doing my LBA. Also rang the office of the chief exec (a freefone number, how helpful). According to them, a case has been raised on 24th October, and they have ordered my statements for themselves so they can check the charges (don't they believe me?), and it should be resolved by 24th November. She reckons they'll definitely offer me the differnece between £25 and 12. Oh goody:rolleyes: But I'll believe it when I see it. And am still gonna send my LBA. And the letter I had was from someone called Hedley Pringle - surely that must be a made up name - or do all people with odd names gravitate to credit card companies Apologies to any real hedley pringles out there.....
            Is no longer here

Comment

Ah my brother Hedley, how's he doing? msl:

Go get 'em Wendy (you're getting quite an expert at this aren't you?)

Comment

I wish! The peeps OTR reckon everyone should go to court etc, every partial settlement is a win for Citi. But I really don't know if I've got the enrgy or the inclination for it. Might go the FOS route though, someone OTR has just done that and got a full settlement. I know its quite longwinded but probably no longer than N1 route, especially as Citi defend everything up to the hilt. I'll just have to see how it goes.
                Give my regards to Hedley msl:
                Is no longer here

Comment

See the boss is out again!!!

Yes I do remember some pretty tough Citi cases, think they had a partial win at £5 per charge, maybe FOS is for teh best, shouldn't be busy now should they? no bank charges cases being dealt with , oh they may have one or two PPI cases on their books though

Comment

Boss out agian, due back soon though lol.

Just spoken to the office of the chief exec again, cos I was bored and its nearly 24th November. I was informed that they have looked at refunding all of my charges back, its gone to "higher management" (could this be the lovely Hedley Pringle ) to be approved, and i should have a letter with a cheque within 2 weeks. Hmmmmmmm, why don't I believe them... she said she couldn't tell me how much it was going to be, or how it was worked out, cos it hasn't been approved yet (if ever, methinks). Thats what they all say.... And I won't get anything in writing from them until I get the offer and the cheque enclosed with it.
                    My LBA is up next Tuesday. Don't really want to go down the court route with this one, as I said before, so am going to hang on and see if anything does turn up from them. And I'm skint now, cos of Christmas and the new telly, so can't afford to file N1 anyway.

I'm not holding my breath though :rolleyes:
                    Last edited by WendyB; 23rd November 2007, 15:05:PM. Reason: grammar was rubbish.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Phoned them again yesterday, told same as above except that its now 3 weeks till I get the letter and cheque. Which means that if i take into account that its been a week since they told me 2 weeks, it will have been 4 weeks, if you see what i mean. Anyway, am about to send a very strong letter saying that if I don't get at least a letter from them telling me what they're offering I'm gonna file at court. Woman I spoke to reckons she doesn't have access to that info. Well why can't she put me on to someone who does then????
                      Don't really want to do the court with this one, although someone OTR has just got the lot back shortly after filing N1. Might just wait and see what their letter says, if I ever get a bloody letter that is
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Just had another phone conversation with some bloke in the far flung reaches of the sub-continent. He tried his best, but said it hasn't been calculated yet and if it had he'd tell me just to get rid of me lol. Apparently they've got a backlog. Aaah bless:roll: Pointed out that I've filed 5 court claims so far (thats a fib, but he doesn't know that) and won every one, so I'm quite prepared to file another one ( another fib). Got the fax number so am thinking of faxing and posting the floowing. opinions please?

I refer to my recent correspondence and telephone calls made to yourselves.
                        · On 7th November I was informed in a telephone conversation with the office of the Chief executive that a case had been opened and would be resolved by 24th November.
                        · On 23rd November I again telephoned the office of the Chief Executive and was told that you had looked at refunding all of the charges, the file had gone to higher management for authorisation, and that a cheque would be with me in approximately two weeks, which I calculated would have been approximately 7th December.
                        · On 29th November I telephoned again, only to be told that this matter should be resolved within the next 3 weeks, which then pushes the expected date back to 20th December. This is over three weeks longer than your own deadline of 24th November which I was given in my telecon of 7th November.

In both conversations I was informed that I would not be told the amount of any offer until I received it in writing along with a cheque, and that the person I was speaking to had no access to that information. May I suggest that this letter be passed to someone who does have access to the relevant information.

In order to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion without the without the need to file in Court, please reply by return with your offer of repayment so that I may consider it.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Looks ok to me Wendy, like I say have hardly heard of these people so don't know how they work. Not very well by the looks of it lol.

Comment

Done. Lets wait and see if that rattles their cage.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Here we go again...
                              just got off the phone to Citi, they have finally got off their bums and made an effort. Apparently a cheque has been raised for £234, and I should receive it within 10 days. Yippee. Unfortunately this is not the full amount I claimed. She says this is because the law says that they're allowed to charge £12, so they've refunded the difference, ie £13 per charge. Dear me, someone should send them a copy of the OFT guidelines, the bit that says
                              "The £12 mentioned in your letter has been set by the Office of Fair Trading as a figure that was deemed as fair and may or may not reflect any real loss. May I also direct your attention to paragraph 1.11 of the OFT report of April 2006 “Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts” which states:-
                              “The setting of the threshold is a provisional practical measure to move the whole market towards compliance. We are not proposing that default fees should be equivalent to the threshold, and a court will certainly not consider that a default fee is fair just because it is below the threshold.”

Strangely enough that appears in the letter I've got ready to post back to them when this cheque arrives. If it ever does.

Depending on the wording of their letter to me, looks like I'll end up doing an N1 for the rest of it. Oh well, that should give me something to do over Christmas. I know i said I didn't want to take this bunch to court, but it looks like I'll have to. I just know I won't have the willpower to return the cheque lol so just hope the wording covers me. Might go down the FOS route instead.
                              Is no longer here

Comment

Its arrived. Nothing in the letter as far as i can see about full and final.

It rabbits on about charges being fair etc, OFT, blah blah blah. The relevant part, as I see it, reads
                                "in line with the oFT settlement, therefore, i have advised my client that, in your case, as a current cardholder who has been charged £xxx, it would be appropriate to write off the difference between our charges and the OFt's recommended charge of £12.00. Having reviewed your account, I have therefore recommended that the sum of £xxxbe written off. Accordingly an ex gratia cheque for this amount has been enclosed with this letter"
                                Goes on to say if I put a claim in they'll defend, they've successfully argued the fairness in over a dozen cases, and they'll seek to have it transferred to Salford.
                                So am i safe to cash this cheque? Then do N1 or FOS for the rest of it?

I think I am but what do you lot think?
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X