• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WendyB - v Citicards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WendyB - v Citicards

As I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the mo, am going to SAR Citicards for both me and OH. I've got my account number, might have to dig around a bit for his. Probably not much in charges, but its mine and i want it back!

will keep you posted.
    Is no longer here

Re: WendyB - v Citicards

My SAR all ready to go, have phoned them and tried to get the statements without SAR but no joy, so it looks like a Postal order. Never mind. They have said that if OH phones them they'll be able to give him his account number, but I think I'll just do an SAR with all his info in it and they should be able to find it from that.
    Is no longer here

Comment

During a very long phone call with a lovely helpful person at Citi last night, who couldn't find any info on OH's account number, despite trying for about half an hour,OH suddenly helpfully piped up that he's never had a Citi card! OOPS! Politely told Citi person thanks for all your help, you've been most kind blah blah blah, then hung up. So pleased I didn't send them an SAR for him!
      Is no longer here

Comment

pmsl classic

I've done that with tescos for my insurance - after half hour arguing wiht the girl on the phone it dawned on me I'd gone with sainsbury's instead
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Reply to my SAR saying that if I want details of manual intervention I've got to fill in enclosed form and provide 2 forms of ID. Letter also says that they'll need to provide me with statements in order to provide me with a list of charges. Well I knew that!! So why didn't they put the stements in with the letter, instead of making me trek to the sorting office to sign for a recorded delivery letter which is basically a waste of time?
          Is no longer here

Comment

Tis because you have nothing else to do woman, like the rest of us lol

Comment

Yeah right! Thats why i'm on hold to them even as we spaeak! Good job its a freefone number and the boss is out!

Had a brill day at show on Sunday, too long to put on here will email you. Have you got a mobile? I'll text you a pic.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Apparently my statements have been ordered and should be here in 2-3 weeks. Don't think I can be bothered with the manual intervention stuff - should I be?
                Is no longer here

Comment

Statements arrived yesterday, by recorded delivery. Also in cluded was the manual intervention stuff which I was supposed to fill in an extra form for, and provide them with ID. Which I didn't. Anyway, a quick whizz through shows around 450 quid in charges. Not sure whether to just go for the charges or go for interest on the charges as well. And their charges are all £25 not £20.
                  Anyone know what Citi are like to deal with - I'm all for an easy life and would like to get some more dosh into the Crinbo fund!
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Citi are about the worst of the credit card companies to deal with.

They use every dirty trick in the book and you can expect a rough ride. They also attend hearings and try to stall and drag everything. The yalso try to get cases transferred to Salford.

They are way over the 40 days for my statements so needing to chase them now.

Comment

Well I got my statements no problem, hope thats an omen. Not planning on going for CI, but am debating purchase interest/debited interest/interest on the charges whatever its called, at 16.6% which was the same as they charged me. Am undecided on this one as its likely to be my last one and I just want to take the easiest way through. Do you usually make an offer of any description before court? Have done my Prelim but not sent it yet until I decide whether to go for just the charges or interest as well. What does anyone think?
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Hiya, not dealt with citi much, but as Kafka says, they are probably the worst out of the lot. I don't think it matters whether you claim interest or not, they will drag it out till the bitter end.

Comment

Have just done my Prelim, decided to go for just straight charges then 8% when it gets to Court. Can't be doing with complicated stuff lol. Posting prelim tonight so will keep you all posted (scuse the pun)
                          Is no longer here

Comment

After doing a lot of reading up on the way Citi operate, have decided in advance that if they offer me the diffrence between £25 and £12 I'm going to take it. I know this is a bit previous of me as they've only just had my prelim, but just can't find the time or energy for a drawn out court battle with this bunch of crooks. I'd be losing just under 50%, but I'm looking on it that it'd 100% more than I've got now from them.
                            I know people may think I'm wimping out - I am lol.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Well I don't think that Wendy, not for a moment.
                              If these are as bad as Kafka and you say, just be thankful you didn't take these on first, as it may have put you off your other claims.
                              You've worked hard on your others and done well, so yes just get what you can off these and get rid of em as soon as you can. Enaid xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X