• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

nationwide hardship claim rejected by OFT - what now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nationwide hardship claim rejected by OFT - what now

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post
    hi thanks for your reply, yes I had to change bank accounts as my wages had been eaten up by charges and I was left with absolutely nothing in SEpt 09.

Yes I have priority debts, morgage, council tax and gas, which the FOS and Nationwide are aware of as included i/e sheet. Yes I can reclaim charges from various credit/store cards and ppi on our mortgage which has been running a good 10 years but wont that just come off the balance I owe them?
    Yes but that is what we are trying to do, ie reduce your debts and alleviating financial hardship. Can I ask when the last Income and expenditure form was completed? Was it recently?
    Have you asked the bank specifically to look at how they helped you at the worst point ie September 2009?

Comment

hi, I sent in an updated i/e sheet in August 09 which showed my part time salary and increased nursery fees etc. but as Nationwide dismissed that I was in Financial Hardship and refused to refund charges I took it to FOS. I wrote to Nationwide again in Sept 09 asking that they refund charges as my salary had been totally eaten up by them and would be each month after as more charges were adding on each month and they again refused.

I probably do need to do an updated i/e sheet now as my circumstances have changed again due to having another baby 8 weeks ago and now receiving SMP,. However I spoke to the FOS adjudicator last week and he said that nationwide have told him they are helping me in that they have sent my account to their debt collectors for them to pursue, harass and bombard me into paying up, but are not adding any further charges or interest cos its now with DCA..... He did say that if I sent him an updated i/e form he would pass it on to Nationwide to see what they say - I guess niavely, I thought the FOS would force Nationwide to refund the charges and leave me with £3k less debt as I ticked all the boxes under FSA's Fianancial hardship criteria, instead I am looking at adding it on to my mountain of debts with less money coming in now than when I started. I can do this but what should I do about KPR???

Comment

So do an updated Income and expenditure sheet. For the time being with KPR tell them that you are dealing with the FOS with regards to Nationwide and will be dealing further with them for the time being.

Comment

Will do and report back when I get a response. Thank you for your help natweststaffmember.

Comment

Not heard back from FOS yet but got a letter today from Nationwide acknowledging my complaint and our circumstances, but rejecting my offer of payment of £20 p/m as it is too low, they will however write off £1604, if I can pay £4k by 27th April after that date, recovery action will carry on.

Bearing in mind our complaint with FOS is based on us being in Financial Hardship how do they think I can raise £4k in 3 weeks, not only that if we end up going to court, a judge would only award repayments based on what we can afford wouldn't he? I can't give them what I haven't got, should I respond or forward to FOS adjudicator as an 'example of Nationwide acting Sympathetically towards us'?

Comment

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post
              Not heard back from FOS yet but got a letter today from Nationwide acknowledging my complaint and our circumstances, but rejecting my offer of payment of £20 p/m as it is too low, they will however write off £1604, if I can pay £4k by 27th April after that date, recovery action will carry on.

Bearing in mind our complaint with FOS is based on us being in Financial Hardship how do they think I can raise £4k in 3 weeks, not only that if we end up going to court, a judge would only award repayments based on what we can afford wouldn't he? I can't give them what I haven't got, should I respond or forward to FOS adjudicator as an 'example of Nationwide acting Sympathetically towards us'?
              Make the FOS aware that they have said this so they are effectively telling you that they will send debt collection agents to you in spite of your offer to pay £20 per month to them.

Comment

Have spoken to their Senior Collections manager & have said may be able to offer Full & Final settlement offer with the help of my Dad, but obviously not the full amount which now stands at £5604. She said as long as they recive a good chunk of it they would be likely to accept. Any ideas what I should offer?

Comment

Can you copy this post into VIP cos that might be a little more discreet and we can run through what figure might be worth offering against what you actually can offer

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X