• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Repossession And Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Repossession And Charges

We originally took this mortgage out when it was trading as SPML. In 2008 we had a repossession notice due to our arrears. We accepted that we could no longer fight for our home and applied to court to have te eviction suspended to a later date as we only had a week to move out. The courts granted us a month to find somewhere to live with having 5 children.
    We received the court order through the post that gave us the date of 14 September at 4.00pm. I contacted Capstone four days before this was due to happen to see if they would come to some arrangement with us, to which they replied the eviction will go ahead unless we paid them over £3,000, which we didn't have. The woman I spoke to was really rude.
    On the day of the repossession we left our home before 4.00pm, Me, my partner and my 2 youngest children had to stay with my partners cousin in a 2 bedroom high rise flat, while my eldest 3 had to stay with their gran and grandad, so we were all split up.
    The following day the mortgage company contacted us to come to some arrangement. We had paid for removal van, storage charges and my partner didn't get paid for being off work, so we lost around £1,000. The bailiffs never turned up to take possession of our home. A couple of days later we learned that Lehman brothers had gone into liquidation and houses wasn't selling at the time.
    We couldn't move back until we knew they were going to come to an arrangement with us, which wasn't until November. In total I had 3 months off work due to severe stress and depression.
    Following the arrangement we were charged £115.00 per month on each account, which meant our mortgage balance was going up until the interest rates fell. We have our main mortgage with them and also a secured loan. Each loan consists of legal fees, £100 for having our own insurance, admin fees, late payments fees, arrears management fees and statement request fees. We also had PPI at the beginning of our secured loan which we cancelled, but they did not apply the full amount of credit to our balance, leaving £500.00, which we pay interest on every month.
    A few weeks ago we had a letter from the solicitors of SPML to say they have applied for an eviction date. I contacted Capstone to see if they would come to an arrangement with us, offering £200.00 per month extra on each account for the arrears or to add the arrears to the balance. They refused both.
    I have applied to the courts, which cost me £75 for a hearing and was informed by the courts that SPML haven't even applied to the courts for a date. I have applied to stop them making a repossession order and also for the judge to look at the charges. The hearing is next Thursday.
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse; 19th March 2010, 01:15:AM. Reason: CHANGE TITLE

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X