• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

kerobo are they to good to be true?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kerobo are they to good to be true?

Hi can anyone help me, today 16th march 2010 i received a phone call with a 0800 number, they introduced themselves as above co and said they understood i had a credit card account with a bank and that they could help me to wipe off the debt as the consumer act had changed. they said that in 3months i would be debt free, they told me that i only had to pay admin fee at the end when the debt was cleared. all other costs are added onto the credit card account so no money upfront need be paid and that amount would be wiped off with the rest of the money so no loss to me. the admin fee was payable over three months to help spread the cost. the total amount altogether for this was £1200 approx, i only had to pay admin of aprox £230 a month for 3 months.

this seems a bit to good to be true. is this a scam or is this possible. if anyone can help me on this with some information to help me decide what to do as debts are very high with three different cards thankyou.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Re: kerobo are they to good to be true?

Hi mum145,

I reckon they're off to a bad start by cold-calling you.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...une%202009.pdf

Take some time to read around this site (loads of info & case studies), & shout if you need help
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by mum145 View Post
      Hi can anyone help me, today 16th march 2010 i received a phone call with a 0800 number, they introduced themselves as above co and said they understood i had a credit card account with a bank and that they could help me to wipe off the debt as the consumer act had changed. they said that in 3months i would be debt free, they told me that i only had to pay admin fee at the end when the debt was cleared. all other costs are added onto the credit card account so no money upfront need be paid and that amount would be wiped off with the rest of the money so no loss to me. the admin fee was payable over three months to help spread the cost. the total amount altogether for this was £1200 approx, i only had to pay admin of aprox £230 a month for 3 months.

this seems a bit to good to be true. is this a scam or is this possible. if anyone can help me on this with some information to help me decide what to do as debts are very high with three different cards thankyou.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
      Do you have charges on the credit card account?
      Never pay upfront fees because that is no guarantee of success. Furthermore I wouldn't use them.

Comment

They are a Claims management Company and I have heard there adverts on the radio that they can write off debt etc, etc...

They will most likely be regisitered with the Ministry of Justice and therefore would have to follow quite strict guidlines.

One of which has already been pointed out to you, they are not allowed to cold call you and secondly they should not be taking upfront fees.

This is a vast industry and many claims management companies take a lot of up front fees with the promise of the earth... well sadly we have not had any good reports about any CMC to date.

Anything that can be done you can do yourself here on sites like this for free and you get to keep all your personal information private.

At the end of the day it is your choice how you proceed, but if it were me I would say NO.

Tuttsi

Comment

I've done a search on Kerobo, they have a CCJ just registered against them and their credit rating is shot to pieces.

My advice is to treat them with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            I've done a search on Kerobo, they have a CCJ just registered against them and their credit rating is shot to pieces.

My advice is to treat them with caution.
            thank you sapphire for info i will not be going with kerobo on this. much appriciated.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            hi everyone, thanks again for your replies. i am not going to go with kerobo but if i can get debts cleared it would be wonderful, can anyone help with how to go about this. if i can do it myself without to much hassle i will try, any ideas or help would be much appreciated. thanks mum.
            Last edited by mum145; 17th March 2010, 11:21:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What debt do you have ?

Are you struggling with repayments ?

What's your credit record like ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please take a look arround the various forums as we are not sure what you are actually looking to have refunded then post in the relevant section and you will then receive the help from the team.

We have a PPI section if you have been mis-sold a PPI policy http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125

Credit Charges are also fairly easy to recover - one of the team recovered charges in 9 days (Tools v Barclaycard)
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=33

Or let us know exactly what you are looking to achieve and we can then guide you and help you furthe.

Tuttsi

Comment

Comments from others on other sites as well is: - FORGET THEM or more like to loose your deposit, expressed only my opinion, they promised me Sand/Sea and Shangri-la for a price,. I Never Win the Lottery Either.
                  Last edited by MIKE770; 18th March 2010, 11:39:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    What debt do you have ?

Are you struggling with repayments ?

What's your credit record like ?
                    Hi Amethyst.
                    thank you for your quick reply.

The debts are credit cards which kerobo said they could wipe out and make me debt free in 60days. The first card is with MBNA and is £7,7400 aprox we are struggling at the moment and to have this cleared would be great.
                    I am not sure of credit record as I have two other cards with barclaycard a visa and mastercard both are being handled by debt recovery agents the lewis group. these are very old debts as I had to stop work due to disability so was unable to pay big amounts back so i now pay £10.00 a month each one these obviously will never be paid off at this rate as they total over £20,000 or more maybe as i have been paying this amount for a long time.

Kerobo said they could help with these as well but better to start with the one not with debt recovery so i could see how it works. thank you, i look forward to your replies.

Comment

These cards while with the Lewis Group would not have generated any further charges unless a default notice has been issued, and they should have sent you yearly financial statements too.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                        Do you have charges on the credit card account?
                        Never pay upfront fees because that is no guarantee of success. Furthermore I wouldn't use them.
                        Hi Natweststaffmember,

yes we pay interest on the credit card which is so high the payment never goes down, one month over £200 and then the next month £178.00 keeps going up and down not using card any more.:cry:
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        These cards while with the Lewis Group would not have generated any further charges unless a default notice has been issued, and they should have sent you yearly financial statements too.
                        Default notices have been served and i think i have statements with all the paperwork that i have. I will check these and get back on this Thanks.
                        Last edited by mum145; 17th March 2010, 13:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X