• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bashful87 - shortfall mortgage on reposession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bashful87 - shortfall mortgage on reposession

Our house was repossessed and undersold . the bank of scotland.
    We offered payment at the time in jan 2009 but they refused (drydens) our offer even though the interest rates came right down.
    The house was worth 450.000 we reduced to 429,950. the bank of scotland sold at 290,000.
    Halifax market agent report when repossessed recommended asking 345.000 opinion of value not problem to sell even though the market not good.
    opinion of value to sell within 6month 290,000 private treaty. which is what they did. This seems unfair has they never excepted our offer.
    They are now asking for 32,238 shortfall which of course we do not admit to the claim by Drydens their lawyer.
    I wrote in Oct 2009 disputing this and have received their report. but not who the house was sold to. can I claim back anything regarding charges on this account.
    Help on this would be most appreciated.

Re: bashful87 - shortfall mortgage on reposession

With the charges if you know how much each charge is and the dates I would list all these on a spread sheet and write a letter to the Mortgage company requesting the return of all your charges+ interest , the first letter should be called a prelim letter. Alow 14 days and write back with a Final Letter before action. Once you have had a final response from your Mortgage company you can then send your complaint to the FOS. They do take some time but I understand from those that have done this they do achieve results.

If you do not have this information then you will need to SAR them for this information (this can be found in the template library) and this may also throw up who they sold the house to as well, there is a cost of £10 for this and they do have 40+ 2 days to respond?

The shortfall should be the difference between your Mortgage balance at the sale date and what they actually achieved.

If you have a go at writing a letter, post up your letter on here excluding any personal details then we can help you finalise this before sending off.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by bashful87 View Post
    Our house was repossessed and undersold . the bank of scotland.
    We offered payment at the time in jan 2009 but they refused (drydens) our offer even though the interest rates came right down.
    The house was worth 450.000 we reduced to 429,950. the bank of scotland sold at 290,000.
    Halifax market agent report when repossessed recommended asking 345.000 opinion of value not problem to sell even though the market not good.
    opinion of value to sell within 6month 290,000 private treaty. which is what they did. This seems unfair has they never excepted our offer.
    They are now asking for 32,238 shortfall which of course we do not admit to the claim by Drydens their lawyer.
    I wrote in Oct 2009 disputing this and have received their report. but not who the house was sold to. can I claim back anything regarding charges on this account.
    Help on this would be most appreciated.

Comment

Re: bashful87 - shortfall mortgage on reposession

thank you for your reply. I received a Closing statement of mortgage after possession.
      and marketing details. So I think I need to send for SAR. Do I request this from Halifax the mortgage company or Drydens who are now writing to us who are the Halifax lawyer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X