• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Philips bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips bailiffs

I have on outstanding court fines of £230 which was passed to Philips Bailiffs for collection. I received a letter fron them in December stating that I owed them £305, I called them and explained that I was in a vunerable situation and even sent them a letter explaining this although its wasnt registered(my bad) and that I wanted to have it refered back to the courts.
    I received a "Pre-removal notice" letter today form them saying that I have been visited by the bailiff on 19th Feb and he would be returning to collect £505.
    I think that £200 for an alleged visit is wrong. Can anyone advise please??.

Ps. I called them today and they told me they never received my letter!!!!

Re: Philips bailiffs

Originally posted by colranger View Post
    Ps. I called them today and they told me they never received my letter!!!!
    Well they would say that, but it'll be a lie.

Have you paid anything towards this debt? Have you referred back to the courts or merely told the bailiff you would like to do this?

Have a read here in the meantime Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles and post back with any questions you have.

Comment

Hi Amy,
      I havd paid off some of the origional fine which was £340 but have not paid anything to the bailiffs.
      I have told the bailiffs I want to refer this back to court but am not sure if I cant ask the courts to have it referred back to them.
      Could you please advise me on the matter.?

Thank you for your help and hope you can help further,
      Colin

Comment

At any time you can contact the Fines Department of the Magistrates Court to arrange a date when you can attend for a Means Enquiry Hearing.

You will be required to complete an Income & Expenditure form in order that the Magistrates can agree repayments at an affordable level.

Is this what you are attempting to achieve?

Comment

Hi again Amy, That is exactly what I want to do and get it out of the hands of these parasite bailiffs.
          Should I go straight to the court fines office or write in requesting a new hearing?
          Thanks in advance
          Colin

Comment

Give the issuing court a call and request a Means Enquiry Hearing. They can help you, particularly if your circumstances have changed radically since the original fine.

Comment

Thank you so much Amy, I will do that tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks again

Comment

You're very welcome x

Comment

i have excatly the same problem but when i have contacted the courts 2 discuss payment options they said they cant do anythin until philips sends the warrant bk 2 them. i had an agent frm philips 2day 2 seize goods as every time i have contacted philips they refuse 2 speak 2 me unless i can pay in full. the agent that came 2 collect decided there wasnt anythin worth taking but he didnt cum in the house. i think he took the tears and no carpet on the floors as proof that i havent got much. will this likely 2 b sent bk 2 the courts now or cud they send another bailiff out....which wud probably mean he wont b as understanding. my fine is 4 tv licence.

Comment

They told me the same they werent interested in helping me one little bit! They simply told me to be on my merry way & deal with the bailiffs, I even asked them did they condone this type of behaviour from a bailiff contracted by them to follow a single woman & her young child down the street in their van & she simply stated they werent after my daughter and if I had not broken the law I wouldnt be in this situation then informed me I could have gone to prison instead I told her I would have rather gone to prison that than all this worry & heartache thats making me ill & my daughter scared every time she sees a van as my ex husband had us both endure domestic violence & drove a van the same colour my daughter gets in an awful state when they appear as she immedietly gets a flash back to an incident involving her fathers van! Its disgusting the women simply said to me that the bailiffs have their ways and means thats why they employ them in the first place as they usually get the fines paid ! Through bullying & harrassment thats how I came out the courts in floods of tears I had asked for a means enqiury & to pay the original amount set by the courts themselfs she said they are not interested the courts have given us a chance to pay we didnt so go deal with philips :o I was gobsmacked the attitude is disgraceful!

Comment

You may find this useful. Please post back with any questions:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

Comment

Originally posted by helengyan View Post
                        They told me the same they werent interested in helping me one little bit! They simply told me to be on my merry way & deal with the bailiffs, I even asked them did they condone this type of behaviour from a bailiff contracted by them to follow a single woman & her young child down the street in their van & she simply stated they werent after my daughter and if I had not broken the law I wouldnt be in this situation then informed me I could have gone to prison instead I told her I would have rather gone to prison that than all this worry & heartache thats making me ill & my daughter scared every time she sees a van as my ex husband had us both endure domestic violence & drove a van the same colour my daughter gets in an awful state when they appear as she immedietly gets a flash back to an incident involving her fathers van! Its disgusting the women simply said to me that the bailiffs have their ways and means thats why they employ them in the first place as they usually get the fines paid ! Through bullying & harrassment thats how I came out the courts in floods of tears I had asked for a means enqiury & to pay the original amount set by the courts themselfs she said they are not interested the courts have given us a chance to pay we didnt so go deal with philips :o I was gobsmacked the attitude is disgraceful!
                        It's very tempting to give people like the woman at the court a good, hard slap. However, pursue this with HMCTS senior management. Send a letter to the Court Manager, as a matter of courtesy, but make it clear the matter is being referred to HMCTS senior management. You may also wish to include addresses of local chemist shops in case the Court Manager wishes to purchase a packet of Imodium capsules. They will probably need them.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Best to resolve the problem first, then deal with any complaints. The main thing is to alleviate the cause of the stress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X