• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cartel Client Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cartel Client Review

Indeed.

I am angry with ML for having all those complaints and doing bugger all with them until AFTER the event.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is this the wrong time to say TOLD YOU SO, to all those who fell for the charms of this lot and other CMCs??? :/
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Jump about from the flaming roof tops screaming it AFTER any announcement today - I bloomin will !
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hot Press - Cartel Client Review is closed to new business
          http://www.bridgingandcommercial.co....r_new_business
          Cartel Client Review closed for new business Tuesday 16th March 2010

The controversial claims management sector looks to be further unravelling as one of the most prominent firms, Cartel Client Review, has reportedly closed for new business.
          Following the news last week that a law firm working for the claims handler was shut down by the legal watchdog, Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), it has now emerged that Cartel has stopped taking new cases.

Some Cartel agents are even going as far to say it has closed down for good, although this has not been confirmed.

This is just the latest twist in the tale for the Manchester-based firm, which is currently under investigation by the Ministry of Justice after scores of consumers complained about its business conduct.

The claims management company charges an upfront fee of £495 to review customers’ credit agreements, and bring claims against lenders for mistakes made in them.

When Bridging & Commercial tried to call Cartel Client Review, an automated message stated that the claims handler is currently unable to answer any inbound calls.

Cartel managing director Carl Wright is said to have issued a notice to the firm’s agents, saying that the company is “temporarily putting a hold on all new Cartel business” while they consider “what Cartel does next”.

The Ministry of Justice has also refused to comment as it is still an active investigation, adding that it could jeopardise the outcome.

In a further sting to Cartel’s tens of thousands of customers, doubts have been raised about what will happen to the money they have handed over.

News reports have indicated that millions of pounds of client money could be at risk, as the law firm closed by the SRA, Consumer Credit Litigation Solicitors, handled these cases on behalf of Cartel.

However, as customers paid money to Cartel, not the solicitors, the SRA will most likely be unable to help with refunds.

The SRA stated that it had closed down Consumer Credit Litigation Solicitors because of “suspected dishonesty”.

It has been suggested that the law firm and claims management firm shared an unhealthily close relationship, even operating on the same floor of an office building at one point.

According to former employees, the director of Cartel had a great deal of influence over the solicitors, and staff were not allowed to tell clients that they had no claim, even if the files they assessed had no prospect of success.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeEs_ltiFWg

This clip is of a client of Cartel. There are others on youtube.

Please use this as a reason not to use claim management companies.

Comment

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-...#ixzz0iOSfjhOn

"On March 10, the Solicitors' Regulation Authority closed down Cartel's legal firm, Consumer Credit Litigation Solicitors (CCLS). Meanwhile, the Ministry of Justice is investigating Cartel.

Carl Wright, chief executive of Cartel Client Review, says: 'Cartel is currently reviewing the outcome of discussions which took place on Monday, March 15, with the Ministry of Justice.'

The £100 m debt write-off industry has attracted around 200,000 customers, lured by the promise that their borrowing could be classed as 'unenforceable'. An unenforceable debt cannot be collected. This is usually because a county court judge has ruled the original contract was drawn up incorrectly.

But some firms have been accused of sucking consumers in by making false claims about the likelihood of getting a debt rendered unenforceable. To find out if debts really can be written off visit Q&A: Can I still have my debts written off? | This is Money

Now the industry regulator at the Ministry of Justice is drawing up plans to force firms to ringfencedeposits and fees paid by consumers so that they can be refunded if a case is not investigated. And it wants the companies to abide by tough Advertising Standards Agency rules that mean if a firm says it has won 'many' or even 'some' cases then it must produce evidence to back this up.
              Kevin Rousell, head of claims management regulation at the Ministry of Justice, says: 'We have heard allegations that these are advance fee scams. We want to make it clear that companies have to be transparent, and if a customer's claim has not been dealt with in a reasonable time, or cannot be progressed, then customers are entitled to their money back. "

Last edited by Tools; 20th March 2010, 18:17:PM.

Comment

Cartel, were on BBC News North west last night, I cant find the link though, i'll keep looking.
                Luminol x

Comment

Originally posted by Luminol View Post
                  Cartel, were on BBC News North west last night, I cant find the link though, i'll keep looking.

North West Tonight online

This service is currently unavailable. Northwest Tonight will shortly be available on the BBC iPlayer

Comment

I have made the folk posting on scam.com aware of this thread.

It may result in visits. It appears to be mainly ex staff of Cartel.

If this is not in order please delete this post or let me know.

Comment

Fine with me, theres lots of stuff on here about Cartel if you look
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks.

I did not want to upset anyone here.

I had a scout about yesterday thanks. That was first time I was aware of the scam.com and David Jack related issue. I note he posted here a short while back.

Will be interesting to see if MSE pull the plug on their thread as Cartel decision by MoJ still awaited.

The list of companies related to Carl Wright is lengthy and a lot of them closed/ liquidated.

Quite shameful in respect of regulation and issue of lisences.

Comment

I would like to thank Orc for mentioning the scam.com site "Why was the Cartel thread deleted"
                          This post is not meant as an advert but just to make people aware of another site that has focused on Cartel Client Review for quite a while now

This site has been running a constant thread regarding Cartel for a long time. As the title may suggest Carl Wright of Cartel closed down the first thread which was over 1000 posts long and held alot of information. Carl Wright of Cartel has effectivelly closed down any internet forum thread that has published ANY negative press against him and this includes a previous thread run by MSE.

After the closure of the original thread another thread was immediately started on scam.com and covers alot of the previous information along with so much more that has been discovered since incluing original documents of company make up, shareholdings, new companys and their respective permissions etc.
                          There has also been quite a discussion about how to get a refund back from Credit Cards, the successes and failures that people are getting, how they are trying to get around it, the excuses from CC companies etc.

The thread is a loooong read (currently 1200+ posts) but absolutely vital if you want to understand the full story.

There has been alot of media coverage recently regarding Cartel and CCLS but I doubt this coverage would have been possible without the constant campaigning of the members of scam.com. With the help of one ex political candidate (David Jack) there is a database of over 4000 Cartel clients that have put their experiences forward. I have no idea where abouts on the thread it is but there is a sign up button that will allow other victims to express their own Cartel experiences. (around page 7-10 is my guess)

While the immediate fight is to close CCR and hopefully get money back I think the eventual goal has got to be to put this man out of business and ensure that he cannot run a business again in this or any other financial based sector

With luck, with the help from MSE, Legal Beagles, CAG and all the other media outlets we can close CCR and any other company that this man plans to create and stop him from taking clients money again in the future.

To any victim of CCR I wish you good luck with obtaining refunds.

Comment

Good luck Zebedy74.

You will now know that I am not related in any way to Cartel or any other claims company. Like the folk on this forum and other forum principally CAG we are interested in supporting victims of Cartel and trying to ensure better regulation and accountability of such firms. It is also important that people do not be mislead into false hopes that debt can be wiped out and increasing their debt to raise money to pay up front fees.

They also need to be aware of the risk of losing up front fees and the retribution that will inevitably follow in the unlikely event that a debt is written off, relative to their credit rating.

They need free impartial advice that allows them to take control.
                            Last edited by orc; 17th March 2010, 16:39:PM.

Comment

Cartel Client Review is not the only Claims Management Company that we are keeping our eyes on at the moment.

It is very sad that the Ministry of Justice has given them a licence to trade, but do not regulate them quick enough when complaints are made.

Comment

Does anyone have any knowledge of Credit Issues Limited? I have a freind using them who says theyre OK.

QCK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X