• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

natwest charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natwest charges

Hi everyone xxxx
    Need some advice - Opened an advantage gold account in nov 2007 and was not advised by rep that this had a monthly fee - prev had a step account and was offered upgrade. didn't use the acc straight away as i was trying to transfer details from my barclays acc. recieved letter early 2008 that advised my acc was over £100 o/d - went to plymouth branch to complain and have charges refunded - was refused - had to speak to telephone banking who kept stating that they couldn't remove charges - whilst this was happening i kept inccurring more charges. had to make arrangement plan with collections as my account was now o/d by over £500. Due to health and employment my payment plan has had to be reset a few times due to missed payments - after checking acc I have been charged over £700(which I have paid back through p/p) not including current o/d amount of £300 and interest. This acc has never been used formally and I don't feel that I should have to pay over £1000 just in charges.....
    Can anyone help????
    Last edited by missconfused1983; 18th January 2010, 20:21:PM.

Re: natwest charges

Apologies, nearly missed this one and a warm welcome to legal beagles. When you sign up for an advantage gold you have to sign an advantage gold illustrator or T Bar which the advisor should have gone through. Ask NatWest for a copy of the T Bar for the account because you believe the account was missold to you and that the advisor told you that there was no monthly fee for the account.

Comment

ok will do thanks natweststaffmember. what do I do if they 'can't' find it????

Comment

Originally posted by missconfused1983 View Post
        ok will do thanks natweststaffmember. what do I do if they 'can't' find it????
        They'll have to refund or else they are accusing you of lying.

Comment

went into plymouth branch and asked for the t-bar - at first the guy seemed shocked and then passed me to a colleague who advised that I had to speak to collections as they had my accounts. he refused to look into my account and advised me that the only other people I can contact would be customer relations. Have been advised that a refund of charges I was given in Feb 2007 has been marked down as a settlement to my complaint which is not the case (they gave me £150 against charges of over £1000) told them today that they can take it back under those circumstances. I just dont know what else to do no one at natwest listens to me.......

Comment

Originally posted by missconfused1983 View Post
            went into plymouth branch and asked for the t-bar - at first the guy seemed shocked and then passed me to a colleague who advised that I had to speak to collections as they had my accounts. he refused to look into my account and advised me that the only other people I can contact would be customer relations. Have been advised that a refund of charges I was given in Feb 2007 has been marked down as a settlement to my complaint which is not the case (they gave me £150 against charges of over £1000) told them today that they can take it back under those circumstances. I just dont know what else to do no one at natwest listens to me.......
            Oh god, you have the joy of Birmingham Collections(they are very rude). Write a letter to customer relations or email them:
            customer.relations@natwest.com
            Outline all the details and why you believe you were missold the account. Explain what you have done to rectify the situation and request that they send the T-Bar and account application out to you.
            When you get the copy of the application then go through it with a fine tooth comb, ie look for absolutely any discrepency on the form and then go back to them with it, that includes the T Bar with your signature on.

Comment

HI there spoke to relations today and they advised me that I can only deal with collections. spoke then to collections who advised that in order to recieve t-bar I had to pay for it. She was very rude and so I ended the call and rang the ombudsman. They have now taken it over and adv they will send a letter dated back to the 14/12/09 which means they only have 3 weeks to declare their final decision.......... been told to await decision and forward on to ombudsman.
              Hopefully they will resolve..... thanks for your help and will keep you up to date with new developments ...

Comment

Thanks for the update. Birmingham Collections are notoriously rude. I can remember trying to sort out a problem THEY cause to a customer and them being rude to me as a member of staff. I won't reveal the outcome but it is rare that you speak to someone nice in collections(there are exceptions of course). That is utter nonsense by Customer Relations if they are simply going to palm off something to Collections since the branch should have dealt with it and so should Customer Relations if branch refused. They'll enjoy dealing with the Ombudsman then, I guess.

Comment

Yep, Birmingham Collections are not nice, mostly. However, it's not always Birmingham who pick up the phone, there seems to be a new system these days where you can randomly get through to Birmingham, Nottingham or some other random place that I can't remember. If you want a fax number for Bham Collections I do have one, if it's of any use....
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks guys been told not to contact natwest again and just leave it to the ombudsman.... will keep you guys updated xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X